Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3V Voucher Transfer to Bank Account

Options
  • 12-10-2009 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

I need to transfer money from a 3V voucher to my bank account and it says on the 3V website I need the "Bacnk name and IBAN" number.

According to Google, IBAN, is an "international bank account number" and on Wiki said the following:
    * Ireland (22) IBAN format: IEkk AAAA BBBB BBCC CCCC CC
    The first 4 alphanumeric characters are the start of the SWIFT code. Then a 6 digit long sort code and an 8 digit account code follow, both numeric.

So my question, do I enter the sort code and my bank account number in the 6 blank boxes on my 3V account? Or is it done another way?

Also, how long roughly does it take to transfer from the 3V voucher to the bank account?

Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No, sort code and account number only work if it is an Ireland -> Ireland transfer. Otherwise you need your IBAN.

Which bank are you with? Your IBAN is probably available to find somewhere - possibly with the documentation you got when you opened the account. If not, check your internet banking.

Do you get your wages payed into your account? Some companies require you to enter your IBAN and swift - you can find it out that way, perhaps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

No, sort code and account number only work if it is an Ireland -> Ireland transfer. Otherwise you need your IBAN.

Which bank are you with? Your IBAN is probably available to find somewhere - possibly with the documentation you got when you opened the account. If not, check your internet banking.

Do you get your wages payed into your account? Some companies require you to enter your IBAN and swift - you can find it out that way, perhaps.
    Thank you.

I am in Ireland.

I am with AIB.

I don't work, so don't have any wages paid into my account.

Where on my internet banking would I see my IBAN number please?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Check your statements, it should be on there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

-Orlaith- wrote: »
    I am in Ireland.

I am with AIB.

Although you may be in Ireland, it's likely that 3V is based in the UK, and therefore they would need your international bank number.

Check your statement - it should be there. It will definitely be on the documentation you received when you opened your account.

If you are in doubt, you can always ring AIB up tomorrow to find out.

Advertisement