Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android with a hardware QWERTY?

• 12-10-2009 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Looking to get an Android phone with a hardware keyboard as opposed to an onscreen one.

Really like the HTC hero but worried by the fact that anytime I've used a touchscreen I cant really get comfortable with it (chubby clumsy fingers!)

HTC Dream/G1 is an option but cant seem to find that for sale anywhere sim free.

Anyone know if there are any other options availalbe out there right now?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Palm Pre, or Pixie - not sure if there is an Android with a hardware keyboard yet - Samsung will have one released in November, its a full landscape one, but it is a a bit cheaper feeling than the hero & bulky in the pocket - according to reviews...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Palm Pre, or Pixie - not sure if there is an Android with a hardware keyboard yet - Samsung will have one released in November, its a full landscape one, but it is a a bit cheaper feeling than the hero & bulky in the pocket - according to reviews...

The G1 is the only one that's available now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Not Android.Palms run WebOS

The G1 can be found unlocked on eBay usually(its where I got mine).
    The Motorola CLIQ/DEXT have a hardware qwerty too.Was released in the UK a couple weeks ago I think
    Cant think of any others that will

Advertisement