Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Estimated cost for house underpinning

Options
  • 12-10-2009 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭

Can anyone provide a rough estimate for the current cost of underpinning the foundations of an average 3-bed semi in Dublin? I'm currently looking at a property that has undergone some obvious subsidence and will likely need to be underpinned. Are we talking 10k or 50k or what? Thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 builder34

Hi ,
    recently done underpinning in dublin area depending on access you could be looking around 1500 per metre up to 2000 per metre .

• Registered Users Posts: 10 trixsyme

Hi Stan,

How did your underpinning quotation fair out. I am currently going through the same process. Are you based in Dublin? Do you know if the current insurer will insure you and/or if you go to sell the house will it be insured for the next owners.

You need to bear these things in mind when choosing a Builder/Engineer, as you will require an engineers certificate for this purpose.

Let me know ur thoughts.

Best wishes

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

hello,

I'm interested in the same though in Cork.
    Insurance wise I've been told I can get cover excluding any subsidence in the future.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

You have a thread started elsewhere!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement