Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest place to buy the whole Guitar Hero set?

Options
  • 12-10-2009 6:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Does anyone know where would be the cheapest place to buy the whole band package of GH:WT or if there's a bundle for the new GH5 that contains the whole band in one deal?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

guitar hero bundle still seems pricey in most places,

however the rock band set is 49.99 got one myself a while back and it works with the GH games also, you could then get the games on the cheap 2nd hand.

http://www.smyths.ie/Band-in-a-Box-X360-PRICE-REDUCTION-!F00067-prod.aspx?qwSessionID=7c9c2735-d6d6-4267-884e-21853b38180a

Edit: I totally forgot about the band hero set coming out in a few weeks, it's not much more expensive than the world tour set and has been improved even over the GH5 stuff allegedly , the songs on it though are an all time low for the Guitar Hero series , expect to pay 160-180 for it.

Now others will say the drums are not as good quality as the GH ones which is true and that they prefer the Guitar hero guitar also, I actually quite like the rock band guitar but to be honest its down to personal preference as both have their own ''quirks'' if you will.

One thing to note is that the rock band drums are more compatible with the guitar hero games than the other way around.

I would give a speech about avoiding guitar hero as rock band is a better game, but i'll leave D4rk Onion to come along and do that as he does it so much better than the rest of us :p

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I'm not that guy, am I? :p

Yes, I prefer Rock Band, and they have a better way about making their games, but I have heard that GH5 is decent enough. It's all down to preference, but if you want a game that's going to be supported for a long time, and has a big slab of DLC coming down every week without fail, go Rock Band.

I would ask that you use the search function to see if your question has been answered before (which it has, a million billion times) but the search function is out, so you're safe (this time ;)). It's times like this I wish we had an active mod, so I could ask him/her to sticky one thread and do away with all these threads.

Advertisement