Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Booka Shade for Tripod?

• 12-10-2009 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭

I'm pretty happy about this...It's the best gig I've seen for €22.50 in a long time, I mean Deadmau5 is what, €32 or something ridiculous? This is one gig I'm actually pretty excited about, and happy to pay the pricetag for.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

Seen them last time they where over and it was an excellent night well worth the money. However last time was way overcrowded which ruined the buzz a little cause you couldn't take a piss, get a drink and had to wait ages to get your jacket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Do you remember where it was? Tripod should be alright as regards crowd, seeing as it's big enough, just gonna have a bítch of a queue to get in. I missed them at Picnic last year, they were clashing with someone else...and I'm determined to see them this time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

They were daycent at the UCD ball as far as I remember. This gig is on my bday so I think I'll be in attendance

Do you remember where it was? Tripod should be alright as regards crowd, seeing as it's big enough, just gonna have a bítch of a queue to get in. I missed them at Picnic last year, they were clashing with someone else...and I'm determined to see them this time.

Yeah I remember where it was, It was in Tripod.

Yeah I remember where it was, It was in Tripod.

Well there's my "Tripod's grand for crowds" argument out the window...

• Advertisement

Tripod is not laid out well for big crowds at all but don't worry about that and enjoy the gig.

How would u lay it out better?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

semtex

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

DJ Set it says on ticketmaster. Not only their own tunes then is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

I was at theat Tripod gig, feckin disaster, they did that access all areas thingy meaning all punters from POD/Crawdaddy and Tripod are free to move around but when Booka Shade are playing up in Tripod, obviously everyone's going to try and get up there so it was stupidly overcrowded!

(Sweet after parties though!)

• Advertisement

Are you sure it was open all areas?

Honestly instant gear it was terrible, I would maybe enforce the laws on the number of people allowed in for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Are you sure it was open all areas?

Honestly instant gear it was terrible, I would maybe enforce the laws on the number of people allowed in for a start.

Think it was but was last year, maybe I'm thinking of a different gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

In fairness the capacity issues were even worse in the 1st gig(?) they played in Crawdaddy where it was so crowded you couldn't get to the bar or toilet and when you did, you couldn't get back in the room. The place was roasting as well but it was some night!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Tripod as a dance music venue sucks balls. i saw underworld and Richie Hawtin in there over the last 2 years and both were great gigs spoiled by how ridiculously packed it was. I saw booka shade at EP 2 years ago and they were good but I'd like to see them in a proper club. Might go to this but little pisses me off as much as being a sardine in Tripod.

I think a nice little fire scare would sort them out and make sure they do not overfill the place.

SRFC90 wrote: »
    DJ Set
    Not nearly as entertaining as their live set.

Oh yeah, they completely pack the place out. But thats the fault of the promoters, not the layout of the venue really.

It defo needs a couple of space's mini megatrons.

Not sticking up for it either, I never took to the place itself, just dont really get an atmosphere in it, but dont think you can fault the layout all that much... big room with 2 entrances to the dancefloor, and the bar kept on a diff level. Its a nice idea, but anywhere with too many people is going to be a disaster.

Apparently ferry, which I would have thought would have been like a somalian food drop wasnt all that packed. edit: I actually remember I was dying to go to that tripod gig but I was too broke. Ended up in mcgruders instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

Oh yeah, they completely pack the place out. But thats the fault of the promoters, not the layout of the venue really.

It defo needs a couple of space's mini megatrons.

Not sticking up for it either, I never took to the place itself, just dont really get an atmosphere in it, but dont think you can fault the layout all that much... big room with 2 entrances to the dancefloor, and the bar kept on a diff level. Its a nice idea, but anywhere with too many people is going to be a disaster.

Apparently ferry, which I would have thought would have been like a somalian food drop wasnt all that packed. edit: I actually remember I was dying to go to that tripod gig but I was too broke. Ended up in mcgruders instead.

Jeff Mills and Eric Prydz gigs recently were nicely filled and fairly comfortable getting to the toilet and bar so hopefully not overcrowded 4 bookashade, any date anounced for the gig

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭devinejay

Bit of a lurker here, anyways;

I've never been a fan of the layout there either. It seems impractical to have such a large room, with so many people, and then the two exits are basically corridors which happen to contain other amenities. There's always people queuing for coats, and the bathroom, and trying to get to the back room, and go upstairs, and coming in and out of the smoking area downstairs, and leaving downstairs!!!

It's obvious when they always have a bouncer standing there moving everyone along that they've a problem. It's the same in the Academy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Eh guys when is this gig supposed to be I cannot find it anywhere online

• Advertisement

My birthday. *Does a little dance*.

See all of those probs are issues with the crowds they pack into the space. Is there any decent venues (soundsystem and location) made to hold that big a capacity?

They must be taking a bit of a hit, if the amount attending is waning, and theyre doing reasonable ticket prices (kudos to 515 for their new prices).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Ended up in mcgruders instead.

was there once, what a venue for a dublin place. Wonder will it ever open again?

Nope, I doubt it. Noise levels, and the guards knew well it was a den of iniquity.

With so many pubs getting close to the wall, it should be slightly easier for a promoter to get somewhere going with a similar vibe, or am I being naive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,787 ✭✭✭g5fd6ow0hseima

Nope, I doubt it. Noise levels, and the guards knew well it was a den of iniquity.

Pieces of ****

I'd love to see your perfectly functioning anarchist society without them.

Advertisement