Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

No 1 Blade haircut

• 12-10-2009 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi Guys.

I get a No1 all over. The cost is €10/12 depending on where I go. Due to recession and lack of money, I have now bought a head trimmer, but the blades do not have numbers such as 1, 2, 3 etc. The tightest would seem to be a 3mm, followed by a 7mm blade. Which of these would be nearest to a No1?

Thanks

Comments

AFAIK the trimmer without any comb attached is a zero, smallest comb is one, next is two etc etc.

This is based on the one my husband had years ago which thanfully he got rid off as he has a horrible shaped head ha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Yep - a No.1 is an open blade. Different makes of trimmers however, cut to varying lengths... 0.8mm, 1mm, 2mm & 3mm are the general standards. Best thing to do is set the attachement to setting No.2... if it's too long, try 1, then same again if you think it needs an open blade.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

3mm is a No. 1.
    Good Luck with it, I do my own, No. 2.
    I used to hate going to the barber:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Start with the longest setting and work your way down to the setting that you are happiest with.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Advertisement