Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UNLOCK N97 HELP

• 12-10-2009 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

hey does anyone know where i can get a n97 unlocked from 3 uk in the south east area. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Think you will have to post it away to get it unlocked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

I got my N97 yesterday from ebay. It was supposed to be unlocked but when I tried my o2 sim in it, it said sim card not valid. I contacted the seller and she said she'll ring T-mobile today for the unlock code. It's just a case of typing in a code to unlock it then.

I also contacted a phone unlocking shop nearby and they can unlock N97 for €20. It's in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. Which is probably a bit of a journey for the OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Henne220

Boxfresh wrote: »
    I got my N97 yesterday from ebay. It was supposed to be unlocked but when I tried my o2 sim in it, it said sim card not valid. I contacted the seller and she said she'll ring T-mobile today for the unlock code. It's just a case of typing in a code to unlock it then.

I also contacted a phone unlocking shop nearby and they can unlock N97 for €20. It's in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal. Which is probably a bit of a journey for the OP.

Hey, just to let you know that shop indefinitely cant unlock the n97 for €20.

I actually unlock phones for a living and is impossible to unlock these phones without sending them to the UK to be done by a special machine which is not available to buy for us unlockers and only them chosen service centres in the UK have access to this machine.

Just a heads up so you don't let some small time shop break your precious n97 :D

Regards.

Henne220 wrote: »

I actually unlock phones for a living and is impossible to unlock these phones without sending them to the UK to be done by a special machine which is not available to buy for us unlockers and only them chosen service centres in the UK have access to this machine.

Just a heads up so you don't let some small time shop break your precious n97 :D

Regards.

That's what I was thinking aswell Henne220 but I was on the phone to them yesterday and I told them about my N97 being locked to t-mobile uk.
    I asked them how they do it and if it was just them turbo sims that they put into it but they told me they've got the machine for it and it'll usually take up to an hour but Nokias may be quicker. The shop is called Signal and their number is 0749128844 if you want to ring them. Let me know what they say if you ring them.

So I got on to them and started talking technical and mentioned names of unlocking machines etc. and after 3 minutes of discussing, low and behold they cant do it. :rolleyes:

So that solves that :D

Regards.

• Advertisement

So I got on to them and started talking technical and mentioned names of unlocking machines etc. and after 3 minutes of discussing, low and behold they cant do it. :rolleyes:

So that solves that :D

Regards.

Thanks for that Henne220 I was going to drop it up to them tomorrow. It'll save me a journey.

You might be able to help me out here since you unlock phones. I actually got the unlock code for it from t-mobile through the woman I bought the phone of in the uk. I entered the code just now without any sim card in the phone but I got the message CODE ERROR.

When entering this unlock code should I have had a t-mobile SIM card in it? I think I'll just send the phone back to her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,547 ✭✭✭funkyjebus

just got my n97 so haven't unlocked it yet, but normally you need to have a sim that doesn't work in the to unlock it. So put in your irish sim and it should ask for a code. If your code is correct it will normally start with #pw

No its not necessary to have the original sim in the phone when putting in the unlock code. But be very careful because you only get 3 tries at inputting codes then it will be hardlocked.

If you want I can send it away for you to get it unlocked from my contacts in UK, but first try to get a slight refund to cover your costs. Or alternitavely send it back and buy an unlocked handset.

funkyjebus wrote: »
    just got my n97 so haven't unlocked it yet, but normally you need to have a sim that doesn't work in the to unlock it. So put in your irish sim and it should ask for a code. If your code is correct it will normally start with #pw

When I put my irish O2 Sim in it. It doesn't offer me the keypad to type in the code. It just says "Sim Not Valid"
    No its not necessary to have the original sim in the phone when putting in the unlock code. But be very careful because you only get 3 tries at inputting codes then it will be hardlocked.

If you want I can send it away for you to get it unlocked from my contacts in UK, but first try to get a slight refund to cover your costs. Or alternitavely send it back and buy an unlocked handset.

I entered the code once without any sim card in it but it didn't work. I'm not willing to try it again. I'm sending it back to the woman and she's going to try the second attempt with her sim in it or else she'll be giving me a full refund. She has over 1400 positive feedback so she is trustworthy!
    What price can you get them unlocked for hemme220?

Here is a note of the code to unlock
    your phone and the procedure to
    follow to do this.
    We always advise that you shouldn’t
    make more than two attempts to
    unlock the phone. Therefore, if you
    get any error messages at the end of
    the unlocking sequence, please give
    me a call on the number overleaf and
    I’ll certainly help you out.
    1. I’m sure you can appreciate that as
    our codes are produced from the
    manufacturer of the phone, we can’t
    always guarantee that your phone can
    be unlocked. If you receive a CODE
    ERROR message, you must try to use
    the handset with another network
    SIM. This message indicates that the
    phone is either already unlocked or
    cannot be unlocked. If you receive
    NOT ALLOWED or CANNOT UNDO Switch
    the handset on whilst the T-Mobile UK
    SIM card is inside the telephone.
    2. Press the # key once.
    3. Press * key 3 times to display p.
    4. Press * key 4 times to display w.
    5. Press * key twice to display +.
    Enter unlocking code :
    7. Press * key twice to display +.
    8. Press 1.
    9. Press the # key.
    RESTRICTION, then the handset again
    cannot be unlocked. In this instance
    we would always be more than happy
    to offer you a full refund.
    You need to be aware that we can’t
    guarantee the mobile phone features
    for use with another service provider.
    This is sometimes because other
    providers have different network
    settings

That is the original message she got from t-mobile. I double checked that I got the code right cos I know how important that is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

Regards.

No wanting to call you a liar but according to DM3 (the only way to unlock the N97 currently) they say it can be done by "Our service in Ireland (Atlas Fone Tech)" i.e. Medialinks/Atlas Fone Tech, 79 Ilac Center, Moore Street, Dublin.

Can it?

Yes they used to have DM3 service in the shop once every 2 weeks but now they dont, thats a definite. (I guess it was due to not having enough quantities for DM3 to travel to Ireland).

If you go to them with your n97 they will happily send it to the UK to get it done by a DM3 centre thats still active.

I actually deal with them quite a bit and if your close to Dublin I do highly recommend, especially if you dont want to package and send a n97 to the UK yourself, but if you dont mind then you can send yourself straight to an active centre in the UK. Just call them before hand to make sure they still have DM3 services active to keep turnaround time to a minimum.

Henne220, How much does it cost to unlock a N97 by using this DM3 service? I contacted them but got no reply yet.

Depending on service centre and their mood it varies, from around £25gbp to £45gbp plus return postage costs.

So by the time you get you unlocked n97 back fully unlocked it will stand at around €50-60 in all.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

Try Fonefixers in Cork (Tramore Road) 021 4320333 - They offer a very professional service and are competitive pricewise - Kilsmum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭pedigree

Hi All,
    I hope to unlock my blackberry pearl 8110, any reccommendations.
    Thanks
    Pedigree

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 incvn

i have one set n97 with 3 UK , pls help me unlock this fone , or where i can buy unlock code ? thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

incvn wrote: »
    i have one set n97 with 3 UK , pls help me unlock this fone , or where i can buy unlock code ? thanks

Please read the rest of the thread. All the information you need is there.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭cotwold

If you go to them with your n97 they will happily send it to the UK to get it done by a DM3 centre thats still active.

Ive actually had a terrible experience with this lot medialinks. I gave them my n97 im selling on adverts to be unlocked on the 7th of October and they told me it'd be a week.

Two weeks later (this wednesday) i hadnt heard back from them so i rang up and they told me they hadnt sent it away yet !?!?! citing the royal mail strike as a reason! They were really rude about it as well and said they wont send it till the strike is resolved. WTF?!?!

I have to decided what im gonna do as i paid them the 50 euros for it to be unlocked already. Any suggestions

Well there is a postal strike on for sure so you can't blame them for that. If they do send the phone it could get lost. I was speaking to an ebay seller from the uk and she has about 1500 positive feedbacks until this month, then she got 5 negative feedbacks this month already with stuff getting lost in the postal system because of the strike.

• Advertisement

Has anyone actually got their phone unlocked in ireland yet? My N97 is beginning to look like an expensive paper weight.

cotwold wrote: »
    Has anyone actually got their phone unlocked in ireland yet? My N97 is beginning to look like an expensive paper weight.

Don't think it's possible yet, the only solution is to get it sent to the UK or else ring up the network which the phone is locked with and ask them for the unlock code.

Don't think it's possible yet, the only solution is to get it sent to the UK or else ring up the network which the phone is locked with and ask them for the unlock code.

Yeah but has anyone sent it away and got it sent back unlocked?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭pah

That is the original message she got from t-mobile. I double checked that I got the code right cos I know how important that is.

The code you have at Step No 6 looks more like the IMEI number - not the unlock code. I had my N95 8GB done last year - it was on vodafone UK.

1. Type #PW+
    2. Enter your phone’s 8-digit unlock code
    3. Type +1#
    4. Your Nokia N97 should say “SIM Restriction Off”

I believe the unlock code is only 8 digits but I'm not sure.
    I got my code from mobilecode.co.uk

Hope this helps

pah wrote: »
    The code you have at Step No 6 looks more like the IMEI number - not the unlock code. I had my N95 8GB done last year - it was on vodafone UK.

1. Type #PW+
    2. Enter your phone’s 8-digit unlock code
    3. Type +1#
    4. Your Nokia N97 should say “SIM Restriction Off”

I believe the unlock code is only 8 digits but I'm not sure.
    I got my code from mobilecode.co.uk

Hope this helps

No that code worked for me, I'm using the phone right now. I did have to use the T-Mobile Sim in it when unlocking though.

How much did mobilecode.co.uk charge you for the unlock code by the way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 nkamk

pedigree wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I hope to unlock my blackberry pearl 8110, any reccommendations.
    Thanks
    Pedigree

Yes i will guide you to unlock your mobile. Get the unlock code from [url]http://[/url] www.mobileunlocksolutions.com/ then follow the instructions where i can got it from http://www.mobileunlockguide.com/mobile-phone/3819/blackberry-8110/

Warning: Do not enter any wrong unlock unlock codes on your Blackberry 8110 mobile phones. If you enter over a certain amount of wrong unlock codes on your mobile phone, your phone may get hard locked and sometimes become unusable.

1 - Switch ON your Blackberry 8110 mobile phone with your current network/service provider's SIM card,
    2 - Go to Options Menu => Advanced Options,
    3 - In the SIM Card menu, hold down the Shift (right of the zero, cap) press meppd,
    (NOTE: You may not see any text appear on the screen while typing meppd)
    4 - You'll see the unlocking level screen there you hold the ALT key (left side below @) type
    mepp2, (NOTE: You may not see any text appear on the screen while typing mepp2)
    5 - Enter the unlock code.

Each Blackberry 8110 mobile phone has an unique unlock code. You can buy the unique unlock code for your Blackberry 8110 mobile phone at www.mobileunlocksolutions.com.

Advertisement