Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will the Green party vote damage the climate change movement?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Well my honest opinion is that over the next 5 years the Green's clothes will be stolen and we'll see a relatively detailed environmental policy put forward by each of the main parties. I think the Greens will die a death but green initiatives and policies look here to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

nesf wrote: »
    Well my honest opinion is that over the next 5 years the Green's clothes will be stolen and we'll see a relatively detailed environmental policy put forward by each of the main parties. I think the Greens will die a death but green initiatives and policies look here to stay.

And you know that as they go down they'll try to take all the credit for "introducing a new green paradigm into Irish politics".

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Húrin wrote: »
    And you know that as they go down they'll try to take all the credit for "introducing a new green paradigm into Irish politics".
    They may not deserve all the credit, but don't they deserve much of it?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

nesf wrote: »
    I think either they'll die a death or they will have to reinvent themselves as something more than just "The Green Party".

I almost consider the existence of a Green Party a sign of how little sustainable thinking has permeated mainstream politics. So if this came to happen, as an environmentalist, I'd be quite happy.

There might always be a fringe Green Party in most EU countries simply because there is an extreme idealistic fringe within the environmental movement. Hence, the talk of a split in the Irish Green Party.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

taconnol wrote: »
    There might always be a fringe Green Party in most EU countries simply because there is an extreme idealistic fringe within the environmental movement. Hence, the talk of a split in the Irish Green Party.

Yup. Mink farming ban reminded me of fiddling while Rome burned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement