Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox360 Wireless adaptor Red Light

• 12-10-2009 8:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

Hi all, Im here on behave of my nephew who has a Xbox 360 that has stopped connecting through the wireless adaptor, It's showing a solid red light on the adaptor. We have tried the 2 USB ports on the front panel and still nothing. Can anyone through some light on this please?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

It means it is not connected to the network anymore. I'm not very technical but what I usually do when this happens is to unplug everything From the power supply ( xbox and router) for 5 mins and turn everything back on and it usually works. hope somebody more technical will be along soon of my suggestion doesn't work. J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭Peteemax

Hi My wireless connection sits on the back of my xbox. i have never tried in in the front two usb ports.
    Check out this if you still have problems let us know.
    http://support.xbox.com/support/en/us/xbox360/hardware/accessories/networking/wirelessnetworkingadapterlist.aspx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

OP the wireless adaptor will always start off red before connecting to the internet. Make sure your wireless router is on.

If your wireless router is on and the wireless adapter is still not connecting to the internet then go to Network Settings and do a test to see what exactly the problem is. You may have to enter your WEP (security key) if you have one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭Payton

Thanks guys, we got it sorted. The router was reset by eircom and a new WEP key was issued. So what we done was Reset the Xbox and let it find the router again and then put the new WEP key in. Job sorted. Thanks again for your replies. :)

Advertisement