Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pork Chops

Options
  • 12-10-2009 9:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

So Tesco have been running some extremely cheap deals lately with three meat-packages for a tenner. The options were 800g round mince, 400g lean stewing beef, 1400g whole chickens and packs of 4 pork chops.

I got twenty euros worth and now have eight pork chops to use up just for me and himself over the next few weeks. Growing up we always had the same thing: pork chops with beans and mashed potatoes. In my undergrad days I used to marinate it and make stir fries with lots of veg.

Now I want something else, something really delicious. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭myles79

Hey there got the same deal from Tesco and made this the other night:

Take your pork chop and slice it through the middle as if you were going to open it out flat like a butterfly but dont cut all the way through as you want to end up with a pocket.

Make a basic sage and onion stuffing, fry half an onion and a crushed clove of garlic in 50 grams of butter, olive oil salt and pepper until soft. Add a handful of chopped fresh sage if you have it use dried if you cant, add breadcrumbs enough to bind the mixture when squeezed together if you think it is too crumbly then add more melted butter.

Stuff this mixture into the pockets of pork it should look like a filled panini. Bake around 20 minutes at 180oC

For kumara mash cook the kumara (sweet potato) just as for potato mash but use plenty of butter and seasoning.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Crush fennell seeds. Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper and fennell.

Take an aubergine. Slice it in half lengthways. Sear it on a griddle pan to get some pretty lines. Dress the cut side with crushed cumin and fennell seeds, and bake in the oven. In a bowl, mix up some toasted crushed hazlenuts, dried cranberries, a little orange zest and some fetta cheese with a little oil. 10 mins before end of baking, take the aubergines back out of the oven, top with the mix, return to oven.

Grill the spiced chops as normal and serve with the aubergines.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I like to marinate them in soy sauce, wholegrain mustard, a little dash of oil, garlic, and honey. You can add some chilli if you like. Pour the marinade over them and bake at 200C for 20-25 minutes. Be sure to line the dish with parchment because it's a sticky mixture.

You can edit the thread title by going into Edit, then Go Advanced ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You can edit the thread title by going into Edit, then Go Advanced ;)

Thanks. :)

Advertisement