Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B Post interview

• 12-10-2009 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Anyone got tips for interview for B post- special duties teacher?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

grainneg wrote: »
    Anyone got tips for interview for B post- special duties teacher?

WHERE IS THIS?! There's a promotional embargo in place, absolutely no posts being advertised or filled in my place. I was led to believe the embargo applied everywhere.

The marking scheme, which will be included with your application form, will give you guide to the categories you'll be asked about. Study them carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 grainneg

its an acting post, thanks :)

Ok, I know this isn't what you asked but I'm really surprised to hear of any posts. Is it primary or post-primary and will you be paid for it? There are no acting posts going here either. The acting list from last year no longer applies and there are no interviews being held this year so therefore, no acting posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

yeah be careful - no acting posts here either! we had a year head resign (so not being paid as would be in maternity leave etc) and her post was no replaced!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

there should be no post interview, acting or otherwise. Only interviews are for principal or dp.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A Special Duties post interview panel will be looking for evidence of your having managed a short-term activity/event of some sort.

Mention all instances of organising school trips, liaising with outside bodies, ordering equipment, introducing a new subject, responsibility for some specific activity or event, experience of union activities and organisation (if applicable), provision of inservice training, organising or assisting at sporting events.

While you don't need to know about everything going on in the school in detail, it looks good to demonstrate that you have an overall picture of your school/college and what is and isn't happening in it.

Don't sell yourself short.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 grainneg

Were the interviews held grainneg? Did you find out why the embargo didn't apply to your school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

hae just found out that new schools apparently are getting b posts etc sanctioned. well my friend's school is anyway and she is a Vec school if that mkes a difference

Advertisement