Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a new management company

Options
  • 12-10-2009 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭

I know these type of threads can quickly get out of hand so I am not looking for an actual name,just how do you look for such a company.Do you put an ad in the paper or is word of mouth the best way to go? I live in 100 plus apt complex in D8 and we are in the process of changing the MC so would be interested in others opinion.
    If anyone has an actual recomendation and would like to pm me thats fine too.
    I fully understand that this type of thread might not be allowed and could end up being locked but I thought I would take a chance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭ankles

You actually want a new managing agent. You and your fellow residents are the management company. You then hire a managing agent to run the property for you. There are some listed in the phone book. The best thing to do is with the other residents draw up a proposal which lists exactly what you want the managing agent to do, and what things you as residents want to keep control of. Then approach at least three agents and see what they say. The bigger ones do know what they are doing. There is also an association, the Irish property facility management association (IPFMA). You can check their website for a list of at least ones who have bothered to join the association.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

As said already. You're looking for a management agent.

Ask around. Ask developments near you who they have. Shop around. You don't always want the cheapest, but you'll want one who will do what you need. A fair price, but covers what you want.

Best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Have you tried contacting the Apartment Owners Network for feedback? Lots of first hand experience of various agents on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

Thanks for the replies.I know the difference between the company and agents but for some reason always mix up the two :o

Advertisement