Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swollen fingers help

• 12-10-2009 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭

ok its not real rugby i play, but i keep getting swollen fingers ,well one finger,its just the end 3rd of i think ring finger, how can i help swelling go down?it stay swollen for a week,and can i tape my fingers up to stop them getting swollen ,or to help swelling go down?

i know this a rugby question in backet ball bit but thought u guys might help

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 610 ✭✭✭nialo

first if its as bad as you say you should be icing it down all the time! large bowl of ice and water.. submerge your hand in it.. will help with the swelling. you might have done more damage to your finger that can heal in a few days so might be an idea to get it checked...

as for taping it you can take it. tap the knuckles, then if its already injured tap it to your middle finger. the tap shouldnt be so tight that the blood flow is restricted. You might just need to get it time to heal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Da GOAT

ice al the way, taping it up doesnt make sense to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

what kinda tape should you use?
    i d say i d be grand if my hands for a week off from squash tag rugby and weights,oh and i work as a gardener so they not getting much time off to heal

Advertisement