Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Parking near QUB

• 08-10-2009 11:05pm
    Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

I am also starting in Queen's this year and am wondering is there anywhere near the college to park (I too am baring a southern reg) but that's not really my issue...

I've been asking a few members of staff and they say they get it hard to get permits; for students it's virtually impossible! Apparently there's no parking around.

Can anyone help? I'm commuting from the South for now as my study is research based and I can get away with it for the time being. I'm based in the SARC building.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There are Park and Ride facilities at Bridge End (east side), York Street (north side), Blacks Road and Sprucefield.

Commuters park their vehicles in a designated car park and take a non stop bus into Belfast city centre. Park and Ride passengers pay for either their car parking or bus journey. Bus services into Belfast run every twenty minutes from 7.30am until 10am and then hourly for the rest of a weekday.

There are Park and Ride facilities at Templepatrick, near M2 motorway, which also services weekday commuters into Belfast.

www.translink.co.uk/ParkAndRidePage1.asp

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

Magnus wrote: »
    There are Park and Ride facilities....

Thanks for that... yeah think my supervisor mentioned that service to me alright, uhh and I thought I'd be cutting out the whole bussing saga by putting a car on the road! Wishful thinking!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

For anyone reading this who wants to take a car up to qub, i drive every day and find parking which is free on the side streets. word of warning, dont park on malone road or stranmilis road before 9.30 or after 4.30 because its a clearway and you'll get a ticket...happened to me last week. the signage is really not great around the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

I used to park on University Square but you had to be in at 7.45 am at the latest to still nab a spot. They start to free up again about 4 pm. You could park further out Malone way and catch a bus (No. 8) up and down if you're not going to be in by 7.45 am. I used to eat my breakfast in my car so don't recommend it lol

• Subscribers Posts: 693 ✭✭✭FlipperThePriest

That sounds like a viable idea parking further down Malone Road and getting the bus up.....a friend of mine lives in Annadale Green along the enbankment and I think he's going to give me parking permission - I suppose it's only about 15/20 min walk isn't it? Might be the best option!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Yeah about that, if you go over the bridge and up the hill you're on Stranmillis Road and then it's a pleasant jaunt downhill to QUB. :D

Advertisement