Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Rossie17 wrote: »
    Can any of you guys instruct me as how to do a screw in SW? Im practising the battery pack at the back.

Try drawing a upside down right angled triangle on the front plane..and loft it around the central line to from what would look like a cone. Then draw a helix shape around the *cone* and sweep a line (the grove bit) around the helix. Dome the surface of the *cone*, create a plane on the surface on the dome, and draw in the + shape and extrude cut that. Hop it helps if it makes sense to you.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Here's my ps2..:)

picture.php?albumid=1001&pictureid=4907

Haha, the top part is great but the handles are terrible! Don't mean to be a cnut hey! Just giving my feedback.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

How do i upload a picture so ye can see it??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hevsuit

How do i upload a picture so ye can see it??
    lol, n00b.
    When replying click the attach picture icon and paste the url where ur pic is situated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

hevsuit wrote: »
    lol, n00b.
    Sez the fella with nine posts to the fella with four ... :p:D

• Advertisement

Try drawing a upside down right angled triangle on the front plane..and loft it around the central line to from what would look like a cone. Then draw a helix shape around the *cone* and sweep a line (the grove bit) around the helix. Dome the surface of the *cone*, create a plane on the surface on the dome, and draw in the + shape and extrude cut that. Hop it helps if it makes sense to you.:pac:
    Correction, I think you mean 'revolve' around the central line, not 'loft'

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Yeah It kind of does, I see what you are planning to do, just can you clarify the functions used with each one? I know you have lots of verbs which probably signify the functions obviously to you, just our teacher isnt great at it and we only use the basic functions. For example if someone used a chamfer he would be impressed!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 just tae

Most of these images are unreal well done lads! Deadlines next week so i suggest a few all nighters itll be worth it! I did the DS and a new design cant wait to see the end of it!:)

Ive drawn the right angled triangle, then revolved boss'ed it so it is an upside down cone. That ok so far? How do you draw the helix shape around this? Im probably doing something wrong?

Oh and for the Mods, can you a new design INSTEAD of modifications? Or do you do a new design with new features? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 just tae

Rossie17 wrote: »
    Oh and for the Mods, can you a new design INSTEAD of modifications? Or do you do a new design with new features? thanks

Just pick 1. Either: A new design ifrom scratch like starting again and doing all the solid works and everything. OR a modification where you change something in your present solidworks. If your caught for time i suggest modifications because you have the main solidworks done just add grip or more curves or a solar panel.

just tae wrote: »
    Just pick 1. Either: A new design ifrom scratch like starting again and doing all the solid works and everything. OR a modification where you change something in your present solidworks. If your caught for time i suggest modifications because you have the main solidworks done just add grip or more curves or a solar panel.

Im gonna do mods imo, just Ill kind of "design" my mods so I might get marks for that whole sketched out design lark.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

So, deadline is next friday, how are people fairing up at this stage? I'm happy enough with mine, Can't afford to spend too much more time on it with Pre's around the corner:(!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

Rich1691 wrote: »
    So, deadline is next friday, how are people fairing up at this stage? I'm happy enough with mine, Can't afford to spend too much more time on it with Pre's around the corner:(!

My mocks are starting next week and im only starting concept design now! Its going to be a long weekend for me! Can't wait to get it done and out of the way..

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lithium.

:cool:
    FRONT%20PAGE%206%20FEB6534472.jpg

Lithium. wrote: »
    :cool:

That your new concept? Looks nice

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Here's my PS3.
    29endps.jpg
    2u930h0.jpg
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

Nice, too bad for me it wasn't a Xbox 360 Controller - would love to hear how someone else did theiirs.

Actually I thought it was my monitor but are the button colours off?

No but you'd be forgiven for thinking that, I did aswell, but the colour changes with the way you tilt and view the controller, must be the material I suppose. The Circle button has the same materials and colour as the rest of the buttons on the right believe it or not!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

IrishKev wrote: »
    No but you'd be forgiven for thinking that, I did aswell, but the colour changes with the way you tilt and view the controller, must be the material I suppose. The Circle button has the same materials and colour as the rest of the buttons on the right believe it or not!

You are probably right but I think it might be the colour type aswell, did you use standard?

Yeah they're all exactly the same colour I didn't variate any of them with that colour thingy :) It's strange alright though

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Lithium.

Fuk irishkev that fails :D, She's a fine beast though,

Lithium. wrote: »
    Fuk irishkev that fails :D, She's a fine beast though,

Hey mate sorry I don't really get ya :S ha is it a compliment or an insult? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

IrishKev wrote: »
    Hey mate sorry I don't really get ya :S ha is it a compliment or an insult? :D

He means its sh1t, but he put a :D after it so its all good...

Haha oh right that's grand so :D btw Reilly sorry for not sendin you the pics like I said I would :O:)

OriginalAssembly.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

I'm not doing DCG- I did the old Technical Drawing course.

Just want to tell you all how unbelievably good your images look, and let you know how lucky you are to be doing the new course. I feel really outdated now when I think of what my exam consisted of:o. You really are picking up good CAD skills as far as I can see (not that I know anything about it:D).

Well done guys!

heins57 wrote: »
    still have to put the shapes on the buttons and the writing to do.
    niiiice!!!. The cord is da job, really nice touch

• Advertisement

dambarude wrote: »
    I'm not doing DCG- I did the old Technical Drawing course.

Just want to tell you all how unbelievably good your images look, and let you know how lucky you are to be doing the new course. I feel really outdated now when I think of what my exam consisted of:o. You really are picking up good CAD skills as far as I can see (not that I know anything about it:D).

Well done guys!
    oh man, the paper is waaaaaay easier since they channged the course:pac::pac::pac::pac:, i mean you had to do twO!!

Advertisement