Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MightyMouse!

danbo115 wrote: »
    (a)
    http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3...hotorender.jpg

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1346/exploded.jpg
    (b)
    http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/777/sectionbrender.jpg

just put a few mods, nothing big, two touch pads to open up the first person shooter game type and a bigger screen, speakers and battery

The first link is broken but looks really nice, Especially the exploded view, lots of parts! -must have taken you ages to mate everything!
    Actually do you know if you HAVE to name all of your parts and sketches in solidworks? :confused: as in every sketch for every extrude and every bloody fillet?-because it seems like such a waste of time for something the examiner wont even need to consider-realistically. its almost like punishing the students who do more work on their project by...giving them more work :( caz i have over 100 parts!...*sigh*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

The first link is broken but looks really nice, Especially the exploded view, lots of parts! -must have taken you ages to mate everything!
    Actually do you know if you HAVE to name all of your parts and sketches in solidworks? :confused: as in every sketch for every extrude and every bloody fillet?-because it seems like such a waste of time for something the examiner wont even need to consider-realistically. its almost like punishing the students who do more work on their project by...giving them more work :( caz i have over 100 parts!...*sigh*

The fillets are grand I think but name the extrudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 danbo115

k fixed and thanks and I just finished naming part (a). its sickening. had to name a couple of extrudes "top of random square" and "overall shape" and stuff like that. how many names can there really be a extrude. still there mst be marks in it if there telling us to do it. and easy marks really. I'm heading to bed anyway, got pre's to do in the morning.
    goodluck in your project

thank god...

danbo115 wrote: »
    had to name a couple of extrudes "top of random square"

Haha nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Geard

Is anyone doing pass??????:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Manik168

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 marooose

Hey guys :) Just wondering what you think of my project? Im so nervous about it all! Any other girls around?

http://www.bebo.com/c/photos/view?MemberId=509518767&PhotoAlbumId=9969159357&PhotoId=12195586220

Manik168 wrote: »

I did the PS3! Please check it out and let me know what you thinks!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

URGENT Q's!

The PDF folder - do all Microsoft Word pages have to be individual, or together in the same PDF file?

Do rendered images, orthographics, etc also have to be in the PDF folder?

• Advertisement

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    URGENT Q's!

The PDF folder - do all Microsoft Word pages have to be individual, or together in the same PDF file?

Do rendered images, orthographics, etc also have to be in the PDF folder?

Everything must be PDF....its easier if you just put all your pages in a powerpoint slide and save it as PDF cos you must submit your entire project as PDF

marooose wrote: »
    Everything must be PDF....its easier if you just put all your pages in a powerpoint slide and save it as PDF cos you must submit your entire project as PDF
    Each page individually, or compiled together into one long page?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Everything should be in the one page. I did the whole portfolio in Powerpoint, I wasn't sure about it at first but it's actually extremely easy, and a lot less frustrating than Word. Trying to put a picture on Word is really annoying, it never goes where you want it to go! But powerpoint is always handy, you can move anything anywhere with no hassle

Manik168 wrote: »

Very nice man, it looks VERY elaborate and quite complicated to actually function but once you justify all the mods it should be class. i see your in pres, :P im in brendans myself! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

IrishKev wrote: »
    Everything should be in the one page. I did the whole portfolio in Powerpoint, I wasn't sure about it at first but it's actually extremely easy, and a lot less frustrating than Word. Trying to put a picture on Word is really annoying, it never goes where you want it to go! But powerpoint is always handy, you can move anything anywhere with no hassle

It sounds like you never used text wrapping on word?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Each page individually, or compiled together into one long page?

Handier to leave them as individual pages/pdfs. Just make sure all 14 are in the correct folder

Eh, we've only 11 pages...

We were never told anything about these types of pages, with parts seperated, or the "Pictorial" view - http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1346/exploded.jpg

Our teacher hasn't a f*cking clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Rossie17 wrote: »
    It sounds like you never used text wrapping on word?

Yes I actually have but what's the point in having to put everything "Behind Text" when you can do it much easier on Powerpoint?

go to here-
    http://www.t4.ie/dcg_student_assignment.html
    download the student assignment and read through it, at this stage you really need to focus on getting this done- crap on all you want about your teacher later when you have the project done and out of the way.

just thought id post this up and see what you guys think :D

its 2 separate fully rendered images edited and put into 1 with Paint.net

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Carebear11

Got mine all done up nicely, must post the entire pdf of the portfolio once that deadline of the 12th passes ;) I used Microsoft Publisher, work out so well and very easy, was able to convert the single publisher document with all the pages into a single pdf with all the pages! What did other people do?

IrishKev wrote: »
    Yes I actually have but what's the point in having to put everything "Behind Text" when you can do it much easier on Powerpoint?

You forgot "In front of text" :rolleyes:

I find it easy on word. Everyone to their own.

Totally finished mine today, sheets binded and CD burnt! Thank god!

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Totally finished mine today, sheets binded and CD burnt! Thank god!

Fair play, I should be finished tomorrow! If all goes to plan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Bubblebeard

Rossie17 wrote: »
    Fair play, I should be finished tomorrow! If all goes to plan...

I finished mine on Wednesday ! :) Was sssoooo happy , one more thing less to worry about :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I did the NES. Pure handy. All I have to do now is back-up the CD. I didn't realise how long this project would take.

Will they know if you've put it on the CD after the date?

I finished mine on Wednesday ! :) Was sssoooo happy , one more thing less to worry about :D

Lucky!! Ah well I finished my last freehand sketch this evening so Im happy!!

I did the NES. Pure handy. All I have to do now is back-up the CD. I didn't realise how long this project would take.

Yeah a lad in my class did too. A clever move! he finished the modelling and the modifications in a month.

Will they know if you've put it on the CD after the date?

Yea they will, the date is included in the file so unless you ...*cough* change the date your computer is set to then yes they will know...:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

Those are some nice projects everyone!
    I naively went for the cursed Xbox 360 controller. Though the shape is quite off, I like my end product.

Xbox 360 Controller Photorealistic

In part B I decided to do a concept controller, combining a steering wheel and one of those Wii Gun attachments:
    Concept Photorealistic

Feedback (despite being too late to change anything) is welcome. :P

Advertisement