Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Mr Tickle

well my thanks still stand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

i would say so but make sure with your teacher... the date that you burned the cd may be detectable by the examiner. then again unless you get an absolute dick of an examiner i doubt itll matter.

What did you pick for yours?

ta mighty mouse
    I did a Nintendo Ds lite don't have photos but my mods were pretty awful, ipod wheel, Wi-fi, Battery Meter, Usb and Sd slots,steel hinge, reinforce the body, solar panel . pretty unoriginal...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Fernicia

Ahh lads for **** sake. now i look like the eejit... :rolleyes:

haha that's grand. I would definitely have done the same thing in your position. At least we can now relax and establish that I indeed have the best model.

Fernicia wrote: »
    haha that's grand. I would definitely have done the same thing in your position. At least we can now relax and establish that I indeed have the best model.
    ya i suppose that's the logical conclusion to reach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 MightyMouse!

Whatever mate!
    its not really who has the best, its who can please the examiner the most and im thinking of slipping a chocolate mint into my printed portfolio... extra 10 marks for creativity i reckon...:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Steve.92

mighty mouse is on the right track but just a bit too late.. i put a box of after-8's .. u gotta keep up with the jones'

Whatever mate!
    its not really who has the best, its who can please the examiner the most and im thinking of slipping a chocolate mint into my printed portfolio... extra 10 marks for creativity i reckon...:D

ha! I've slipped a copy of my nude modelling portfolio. I'll either get sued or a sue-per result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Steve.92

ha! I've slipped a copy of my nude modelling portfolio. I'll either get sued or a sue-per result.
    or fail and get per-sued ;)

ye're mistakin these correctors for normal people. these are all old tech drawin teachers. i included a brand new compass

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hevsuit

photorealisticmod2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 heins57

32441952.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hevsuit

heins57 wrote: »
    32441952.jpg
    Lol, thats like the 3rd time youve posted your image :p
    Very Impressive though all the same.

seccond!:) and sorry cos i just figured out how to put up a pic and not a link...

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

domrush wrote: »
    Here lads is it allright to burn the disk tommorow?

Well, I'm not sure about the disk but I'm pretty sure the actual projects don't have to sent away straight away even though the Due date was today...

Rich1691 wrote: »
    Well, I'm not sure about the disk but I'm pretty sure the actual projects don't have to sent away straight away even though the Due date was today...

yea we're not sending ours off til after de break. i tink its alrite. shur dere not corrected til june neways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

Re-did a good bit of it again "thanks" to the advice of a few ppl here but am happy with how it turned out.

picture01feb121355.jpg

Just too bad I failed the mock paper, was just so terrible - if the papers a few years back were truly harder then I just wouldn't even bother.

KeithM23 wrote: »
    Re-did a good bit of it again "thanks" to the advice of a few ppl here but am happy with how it turned out.
    Yeah the buttons are looking great now. I think you're rendering it in Photoworks though, yes? I'd recommend using Photoview 360 in future. It usually produces a far more realistic picture.
    Just too bad I failed the mock paper, was just so terrible - if the papers a few years back were truly harder then I just wouldn't even bother.
    What sort of questions came up? I have mine in a week.

Yeah the buttons are looking great now. I think you're rendering it in Photoworks though, yes? I'd recommend using Photoview 360 in future. It usually produces a far more realistic picture.

What sort of questions came up? I have mine in a week.

Well on Section A there was a tri-metric axonometric - if that's what you call it, a Planes question asking you to locate the plane from the given plan and elevation, a conic sections question regarding locating the directrix and focal point using a focal sphere.

Section B - The core had a perspective question, an inter-penetration of solids and the weird triangle things - don't have a clue what they are called but they look like

A 44 -38 - 59 - 32 -44
    B 30 - 49 -28 - 36 -57

asked you to get some skew line at the end as well - whatever that is.

(Of course I just made the numbers up)

Section C - Applied Graphics had a cycloid with a pin joint - some toy were dog wags tail, and a conical spiral from dynamic mechanisms, dihedral angle thing from surface geometry some weird assembly and can't remember the rest cause it was just one bad dream.

Should be an easy exam if you know the stuff, hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 jabn

does anyone know if they can check the date and time for the solidworks files????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

jabn wrote: »
    does anyone know if they can check the date and time for the solidworks files????:confused:

Of course they can...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

jabn wrote: »
    Yes they can.
    Any change or addition you make is accompanied by the time, date, username of logged in user and name of the computer.

However I really doubt they actually look at any of this information though unless the examiners have been given a program which would go through it for them and flag suspect material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Annie2

does anyone know if anybody got caught doing it at home last year?

Annie2 wrote: »
    does anyone know if anybody got caught doing it at home last year?

I don't think it's really against the rules. They say you should do it in school so that the teacher can more confidently say that you yourself did the entire project but considering the amount of time it takes to just build the CAD model it would be ridiculous to think that you could do it within the restraints of class time.

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Our teacher stayed back in school with us for around an hour and a half every week since around November, and some of our class were still nearly caught for time. None of us did the Solidworks at home either

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

i was so relieved when i got mine in, finished burning the disk and bound the portfolio just 20 minutes before my final mock (which was dcg actually and i failed horribly) otherwise i would of had to come in today to give it to my teacher. Put up my part A a few pages back but i got some more pictures and i'm quite proud: 4360098975_d2c0a74a85_o.jpg
    and 4360839422_7ec1bbf3e7_o.jpg
    and 4360098697_7e86112243_o.jpg
    and here's my part b mod: 4360839234_cabe1b3c11_o.jpg
    it's translucent and has led's inside it so it lights up different colours, few other mods as well.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 mchughboi

Just thought i'd throw mine up . . . but the files are too big so

PS3: http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/mchughboi/?action=view&current=much.jpg
    The picture is low quality rendering and the lighting is messed up but i left my other files in school

Gun Concept Tingy:http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/mchughboi/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

Good few flaws (like the buttons probably awkward to hold) but she will have to do!

Btw Keith them buttons really make you controller look better! (Your Welcome!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 poppygirlx

my friend deleted his just as he was gonna sign it in!!
    bad or what :(?

mchughboi wrote: »
    Just thought i'd throw mine up . . . but the files are too big so

PS3: http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/mchughboi/?action=view&current=much.jpg
    The picture is low quality rendering and the lighting is messed up but i left my other files in school

Gun Concept Tingy:http://s866.photobucket.com/albums/ab228/mchughboi/?action=view&current=untitled.jpg

Good few flaws (like the buttons probably awkward to hold) but she will have to do!

Btw Keith them buttons really make you controller look better! (Your Welcome!)

It's not the "low quality rendering" it's just the low quality workmanship, you should be ashamed of yourself.

How many peeps ended up finishing it? Just us 3? or were there some last minute ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

poppygirlx wrote: »
    my friend deleted his just as he was gonna sign it in!!
    bad or what :(?

Holy **** Had he no copy of it on a usb or something else?? I saved mine after every class I was so bloody scared of that happening!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

KeithM23 wrote: »
    It's not the "low quality rendering" it's just the low quality workmanship, you should be ashamed of yourself.

How many peeps ended up finishing it? Just us 3? or were there some last minute ones?

Ah will ya get out of it. Ashamed? You should have seen some of the ones I seen, that gun looks pretty good.

And nope, I got it finished on time aswell...

Advertisement