Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Rossie17 wrote: »
    Holy **** Had he no copy of it on a usb or something else?? I saved mine after every class I was so bloody scared of that happening!!

Ya I was terrified of that myself. All backed up on a hard-drive every few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Ah will ya get out of it. Ashamed? You should have seen some of the ones I seen, that gun looks pretty good.

And nope, I got it finished on time aswell...

Just messing with him - sadly, I go to same school he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

KeithM23 wrote: »
    Just messing with him - sadly, I go to same school he does.

Ahhhhh .... Sorry then lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    Ahhhhh .... Sorry then lol

Np

what's your controller btw, what you do for mod/concept?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭MaggieNF

ahm here is my wii controller and concept, criticisms and comments are welcome i guess....

1ijxx3.jpg

and my concept.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

MaggieNF wrote: »
    ahm here is my wii controller and concept, criticisms and comments are welcome i guess....

1ijxx3.jpg

and my concept.......

Think your concepts invisiable ;) Looks pretty good. Nice plug in detail. The curve on the bottom looks kinda off though imo. Well done :)

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Think your concepts invisiable ;) Looks pretty good. Nice plug in detail. The curve on the bottom looks kinda off though imo. Well done :)

LOL whats invisiable? :P

hmm i think it might be the view it looked grand like from the side.... hmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 marooose

So glad t be finished!!! :)
    Many other girls?
    What do people think? :confused:Photorealistic30.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 marooose

heins57 wrote: »
    32441952.jpg

What I love about this is the cable....i just think it looks great! Well done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fishinmidget

heins57: thats really good, fair play. you should be proud of yourself.

mine is ok, it could be better. the bit that is on the outside bottom edge, between the handle and the back buttons is a bit messed up. its annoying but i didn't have time to fix it.
    photorealistic.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Ian_K

Ladies??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

poppygirlx wrote: »
    my friend deleted his just as he was gonna sign it in!!
    bad or what :(?

I must know you then. :(

I'm a ****ing retard!

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

MaggieNF wrote: »
    LOL whats invisiable? :P

hmm i think it might be the view it looked grand like from the side.... hmmmmm

...His concept design. Scroll up.. :p

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    ...His concept design. Scroll up.. :p
    damn, il try it again.....

http://tinypic.com/r/2jcfor8/6

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

looks cool, so do you just hold it or are you trying to do a skate hero kind of thing too?

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭aerial man

Here is my NES https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/291446/106048.jpg

and MDR twist

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/291446/106049.jpg

What you think?

It has a jel filled thumb pad for sensitive movement etc, the controller rotates in the centre, twist it and you can 'steer the car' or lean over in shooting games etc.
    it has a heart rate sensor which if you were more relaxed, it would be more sensitive or react quicker if your heart rate is up.
    it has a camera which follows your eye movement so the camera view in the game looks in the direction your eyes look. .... well it is a new concept.. :L
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG][IMG]file:///C:/Users/user/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/IMG]

Ahm its like the length of a wii remote. And you hold it with two hands

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Finally got around to getting my Photorealistic views up on this.
    Existing artifact:
    Atari%20Super%20Pong%20Realistic.jpg
    logo didnt come out i was so disappointed after so much work

Concept Idea:
    concept.jpg
    concept2.jpg
    basically i changed one of the analog sticks to a trackball and put the xyab buttons onto the bottom and put a powermat charging thing on for the fun of it.

let me know what ye think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭sligo.

well done calnand it looks great! im in 5th year so i have all this ahead of me! :S :L

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gingerbreadman1

thank christ that waste of time is over...can now delete solidworks off my laptop nd speed things up again:P...

heres how my mod turned out...not much to it bu i ony had like 10 mins 2 do it:L:L

• Advertisement

thank christ that waste of time is over...

i used to think it was a waste of time but it is 40%, so if ya put in the effort then its a good idea.

now we just need to do the rest of the course in like 12 weeks :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

sligo. wrote: »
    well done calnand it looks great! im in 5th year so i have all this ahead of me! :S :L
    Same, we're actually doing this ourselves as practice, it's fun but we're nowhere near this standard yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

How are people finding the revision for the exam? DCG is the only subject that takes the extra bit of effort to study, setting it up and all, so probably not doin as much as I should:p

Hopefully I'll do well in the project, make it possible to get an A overall. I must say the project was tough going but well worth it, takes up a lot of time but was great craic all the same. What I said earlier on in the thread about doing it at home was bs by the way, I thought I'd be able to do bits of it at home but I soon realised that solidworks was incredibly slow on my laptop:P And anyway, there's nothing like doing it in school where you have help to overcome any problems with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I find it hard to revise stuff on my own, im just doin exam q's but theres no book to check if i get stuck, just solutions, which arent much help because i really prefer going over the methods of what im doing. Like in maths you can look up the different chapters, with this you really need your teacher whenever your stuck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cally5

Hey guys, I'm an architecture student and at the moment I'm giving grinds in HL DCG for the Leaving.. was just wonderin since all you 6th years are still in school have you heard any predictions from your teachers in the section B of the exam for what questions might come up? Thanks :)

Hard to make a prediction, this is only the second year of this syllabus so theres no kinda pattern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Screwedforlc

I hate that stupid project, id get an a1 if it was just a normal exam but 40 marks is way too much for a thing on d computer that i couldnt use

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

I hate that stupid project, id get an a1 if it was just a normal exam but 40 marks is way too much for a thing on d computer that i couldnt use
    Why should someone get an a1 in an area that is 95% on computers if they cant use them?

Mmcd wrote: »
    Why should someone get an a1 in an area that is 95% on computers if they cant use them?

Good point, i actually enjoyed the project, very different from anything I did in other subjects

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cally5

Thanks, ya i guess it is pretty impossible to predict was just wondering did any of the teachers have any insight that I wasn't aware of.
    Had a look around at most of the projects up here out of interest and I'm so impressed, the new solidworks looks a lot more advanced than last year. And if some of ye are worried about the results being split into 40-60 don't, its grand, I honestly didn't expect much of mine last year and I ended up gettin full marks in the project and the best overall result in DCG in the country.. random as hell, and by the looks of it you guys all have a way higher standard of work. Good luck with it anyways :)

Advertisement