Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

cally5 wrote: »
    Thanks, ya i guess it is pretty impossible to predict was just wondering did any of the teachers have any insight that I wasn't aware of.
    Had a look around at most of the projects up here out of interest and I'm so impressed, the new solidworks looks a lot more advanced than last year. And if some of ye are worried about the results being split into 40-60 don't, its grand, I honestly didn't expect much of mine last year and I ended up gettin full marks in the project and the best overall result in DCG in the country.. random as hell, and by the looks of it you guys all have a way higher standard of work. Good luck with it anyways :)

Where are you from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 cally5

I'm from Leitrim.. why?

I'm from Leitrim.. why?

You sure you got the highest result in the country?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Reillyman wrote: »
    You sure you got the highest result in the country?:rolleyes:

And what has that got to do with anything? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Didnt some chap from castlebar not get the highest?:rolleyes:

*Oh the shame of getting caught out spoofing* :o

• Advertisement

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Didnt some chap from castlebar not get the highest?:rolleyes:

*Oh the shame of getting caught out spoofing* :o

Haha. Ok so if im spoofing those two awards i got for my dcg result last year must be made up too from the techno teachers association and the etta.. god you guys are so cynical, why would I be arsed making up such a thing. The guy from castlebar got the highest male result in the country and i got the highest female result, we sat beside each other at the presentation in UL, so don't be so quick to judge. All I was doing was wishing you all luck, and sharing my opinion but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

Here's my offering... god I was happy to see the finish of it

PhotoView.jpg?t=1275185967

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

I'm from Leitrim.. why?

omg my teacher was telling me about you, saying it should be me this year!:L you got some award thingy, didnt you? a girl from leitrim.. :)

ajjmk wrote: »
    omg my teacher was telling me about you, saying it should be me this year!:L you got some award thingy, didnt you? a girl from leitrim.. :)

Awh that's so nice you're teacher is sayin that :) Yeah, they give out medals for top results, its really strange but yeah.. My school made such a big deal about it, but that's Leitrim for ya!:p teachers love it when girls do well in tech cos usually only 10% or less of the students who do it are girls. And by the way I wasn't tryin to brag on here, my friend dared me to say it! Haha

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭ajjmk

im a leitrim girl too, so i think he wants me to carry on the tradition..:P

• Advertisement

Haha. Ok so if im spoofing those two awards i got for my dcg result last year must be made up too from the techno teachers association and the etta.. god you guys are so cynical, why would I be arsed making up such a thing. The guy from castlebar got the highest male result in the country and i got the highest female result, we sat beside each other at the presentation in UL, so don't be so quick to judge. All I was doing was wishing you all luck, and sharing my opinion but whatever.

Haha I'm sorry, I didn't know there was seperate awards. Well done btw.

ajjmk wrote: »
    im a leitrim girl too, so i think he wants me to carry on the tradition..:P

Haha. Awh that's pretty funny!.. but if i can, I'm pretty sure you can too!:) Keep the title in the county :p

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Anyone know if there is a marking scheme for the official sample paper online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

Can anyone please help me!!

I am trying to download some of the worksheets from the t4 website as a source of revision but every time I try to unzip them it says access denied - is there a password or something that I am missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

I have another question

if anyone did this question on the mocks or went over it with their dcg teacher or someone

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1953914/picture01-jun-05-02-49-jpg-june-5-2010-3-00-am-51k?da=y

can you please tell me where this red line come from

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1953915/picture01-jun-05-02-49-line-highlighted-jpg-june-5-2010-3-00-am-37k?da=y

I thought it was the horizontal trace of the plane that contained the lamina, as you need to get the dihedral angle between the two planes [part (ii) of question] - also the other line used for the dihedral angle (the blue one) seems to be the horizontal trace of the lamina on the left.
    but when I try and get the horizontal trace of the lamina on the right I get the green line.

http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/1953916/picture01-jun-05-02-49-line-highlighted-what-is-red-line-jpg-june-5-2010-3-00-am-46k?da=y

So can anyone tell me please where it is that I am going wrong because I am really confused. - Way above my teacher as he doesn't have a clue about anything dcg related, so I can't even ask him anyway.

Oh, - I don't know why you have to download the pictures but I guarantee that they are no viruses

Advertisement