Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thughes

I'm doing the wiimote also and i dont see any reason why they could take marks off you if you have all your parts for the exploded drawing, it looks real and the layout appeals. Going through the timeline however, I can't figure out whats best to use for the compare and contrast section. They'r all so alike... and then you have the Wii.. maybe thats a good thing though... any thought??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 kershaw93

i compared it to a gameboy colour because its so different on shape and they were both made by nintendo. do something thats easy enough to sketch and that you can talk about.

http://www.examinations.ie/archive/markingschemes/2009/LC562ALP000EV.pdf

look at the marking scheme from last year aswell. there was nothing in there teeling the examiner ti check the dates/time/user of the solidworks parts and think if 1 examiner is going to have to grade about 300 of these things between feb 12th and june 9th do you think there gonna care if you do it at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭slickmcvic

kershaw93 wrote: »
    look at the marking scheme from last year aswell. there was nothing in there teeling the examiner ti check the dates/time/user of the solidworks parts and think if 1 examiner is going to have to grade about 300 of these things between feb 12th and june 9th do you think there gonna care if you do it at home?
    ....the marking schemes are not thing as the same as instructions to the examiners
    if 1 examiner is going to have to grade about 300 of these things between feb 12th and june 9th do you think there gonna care if you do it at home?
    if any suspicion arises time,dates,computers used to create and modified parts are checked,if these times are outside the norm then its investigated.
    about 300 of these things between feb 12th and june 9th do you think there gonna care if you do it at home?
    they are corrected in the state exams headquarters in june during 2weeks by a team of examiners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

You're asking for trouble if you do it at home. By all means practice at home, write down the steps you need to do and then do it on the School computer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 sean..no1

NoHands wrote: »
    This is my one from last year. I believe I got an A1 with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41694067@N06/[/QUO
    You are unbeliveble at sketchin......can i ask you where did you get the kinda construction blown up sketch frm??????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Part A finished people.

Here's my photo realistic, tell me what you think.

photo.php?pid=10599516&id=840500441

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    You're asking for trouble if you do it at home. By all means practice at home, write down the steps you need to do and then do it on the School computer.

well i did the whole thing at home wooops. i hope i get an examiner who wont care :L

anyone want to send me a mail explaining how to do a photo realistic? my teachers dad died and he's the only DCG teacher in the school

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

well i did the whole thing at home wooops. i hope i get an examiner who wont care :L
    Is probably better than half and half as the username creating the features remains consistent throughout.

Reillyman wrote: »
    Part A finished people.

Here's my photo realistic, tell me what you think.

photo.php?pid=10599516&id=840500441

dude thats deadly. wanna tell me how you do the photo realistic?

• Advertisement

Mmcd wrote: »
    Is probably better than half and half as the username creating the features remains consistent throughout.

yeah i did it all on me laptop. and like the times dont go past 6pm in anyway

dude thats deadly. wanna tell me how you do the photo realistic?

I used software we have in school called "photoview 360"

You basically import the solidworks assembley, choose a scene, edit the materials and then render away.

If you want to be really technical you can mess around with the position of the lights etc, but I don't think its worth the effort tbh.

Hope that helps, feel free to ask any other q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Guys when you have your part, how do you see detailed orthographic views? Like to print it. I'm sure its one simple button but for the life of me I cant find it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

Anyone??:)

Conor108 wrote: »
    Guys when you have your part, how do you see detailed orthographic views? Like to print it. I'm sure its one simple button but for the life of me I cant find it

You click "new" and instead of part or assembley you choose "drawing."

From there you just import your part and choose what views to show.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 ThePower180

Has anyone any ideas for the concept design??

I have a PSP made now and my teacher wants me to do the concept design! I dont have a clue what to do to be honest!

Any help would be appreciated!

How's it goin' folks?

Spent the whole day in the dcg room today, the school was off for a ptm but our class were aloud come in and do the project.

Basically, 9-4 nonstop project works = Part B Modelled!:D

I reckon I'll be ready for printing in about a week and a half!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Milk Me

:o Lucky you , im just about finishing the solidworks model and i have no other outputs started at all, 2 weeks left lol ,

btw the date is still 12 feb right?

Milk Me wrote: »
    btw the date is still 12 feb right?

Sure thang, 4.10 on the 12th we're all goin to Johhny McHales pub for a party to celebrate!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Denzo

Been at the ps3 control for three weeks....got it fair good now...the symbol button nd all!...concept is a bit of a balls tho!!! anyone gettin langered wen dis project is over????:D

• Advertisement

Denzo wrote: »
    concept is a bit of a balls tho!!! anyone gettin langered wen dis project is over????:D

Refer to above post...

Reillyman wrote: »
    Sure thang, 4.10 on the 12th we're all goin to Johhny McHales pub for a party to celebrate!;)

Now there's a plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

any one know how many modifications have to be done up on solidworks? cheers

So for the freehand graphical presentation do you just have to draw the object freehand and that is it complete ? or do you have to make a "presentation" of it by explaining it( says this on the brief) , dont reply unless you ******s know , :mad:

You have to draw a main rendered sketch, and then a few smaller ones explaining different parts of the model, these could include detailed views, sections, key solids, etc, all of which have to be rendered to a high quality.

Just asking, do ye not have teachers to explain this???

:rolleyes: yes we do but it is friday and i dont have class till monday , but yeah the the teacher dosent know his head from his arshole, so where are you in the project ? i have a ****t load to do

BTW CAN ANY OF YOU PAST DCG FAGS UPLOAD THEIR WORK , ****ERS :mad:

kennethk wrote: »
    any one know how many modifications have to be done up on solidworks? cheers

No set number, just good Mods. For the love of god do not just stick a camera on it.

Half way through my concept design at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Isaac702

Milk Me wrote: »
    BTW CAN ANY OF YOU PAST DCG FAGS UPLOAD THEIR WORK , ****ERS :mad:

Well since you asked oh so nicely.
    Here is a copy of my project that I submitted last year. I ended up getting an A2 in DCG.

Hopefully it is of some use.
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c141a0dec0f536c58066db0503cf4f2ca784e1acab6cb8e2

Isaac702 wrote: »
    Well since you asked oh so nicely.
    Here is a copy of my project that I submitted last year. I ended up getting an A2 in DCG

A2 not bad ,so were you always good at the actual technical drawing involved?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement