Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Rich1691

Does anyone know what kind of standard the correctors are looking for in relation to sketching?, I'm not very good at it and I'm wondering how other people are with the sketches. I'd also like to know whether or not yee have added colour to the main sketch or not!
    Cheers in advance!

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

Rich1691 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what kind of standard the correctors are looking for in relation to sketching?, I'm not very good at it and I'm wondering how other people are with the sketches. I'd also like to know whether or not yee have added colour to the main sketch or not!
    Cheers in advance!
    skatching isn't so much quality they want its that it's in proprotion and not too bad!!!colour isn't necessary but you definatly should puit some in for textures and shading effects

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 NoHands

sean..no1 wrote: »
    NoHands wrote: »
    This is my one from last year. I believe I got an A1 with it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41694067@N06/
    You are unbeliveble at sketchin......can i ask you where did you get the kinda construction blown up sketch frm??????

I made it myself. Just look at the parts in your sketch, and then imagine how they all fit together and then draw them lined up to the places they fit in, but a distance away if that makes any sense...

My sketching looks a hell of a lot better because of the rendering. I recommend you or anyone for that matter, invests in some good Caran d'Ache colouring pencils. They are awesome because once youve coloured in something, you can go over it with a wet paintbrush and smooth everything over and blend colours in.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Supracolor-Aquarelle-Pencils-Assorted-Colours/dp/B000NNRUN4/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1264966964&sr=8-2That box is quite limited in the rang eof coulors, but still should be more than enough, especially with the plastic controlers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 NoHands

Milk Me wrote: »
    :rolleyes: yes we do but it is friday and i dont have class till monday , but yeah the the teacher dosent know his head from his arshole, so where are you in the project ? i have a ****t load to do

BTW CAN ANY OF YOU PAST DCG FAGS UPLOAD THEIR WORK , ****ERS :mad:

if you had actually gone back a page you would have seen this...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41694067@N06/

A1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Milk Me

Well faghands i did see it , and since it wasnt to my liking i wanted to see another one , ya'know :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Mmcd

Well faghands i did see it , and since it wasnt to my liking i wanted to see another one , ya'know :)
    Now that just doesnt make sense - Im nearly positive that homosexuals and hetrosexuals have the exact same upper limbs!

Have you not seen any projects from the last years 6th years from your own school?
    12 Days left!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 gingerbreadman1

our school only got solidworks on our computers in january so we've had to do a lot in a small space of time...now i hav a gameboy advance sp drawn but no modification yet and no other outputs....and to top it all off my mocks r startin on da 8th of feb so dat takes 5 freakin days off us:'(...pretty f***ed

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Reillyman any chance you could give me a link to a pic of your photorealistic image? Just wanna see what some people's is like, I did the PS3 Controller for Part A. Thanks
    P.S. I know you put up a pic but it's not coming up for me :) Anyone else wanna upload their Photorealistic images?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Well, you obviously didn't see eVeNtInE's post (quoted below), or perhaps it wasn't to your liking either?
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

However, as he is a moderator of this forum, you will need to follow his directions whether you like them or not, at least if you wish to continue to use this forum.

Infracted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭dazco

IrishKev wrote: »
    Reillyman any chance you could give me a link to a pic of your photorealistic image? Just wanna see what some people's is like, I did the PS3 Controller for Part A. Thanks
    P.S. I know you put up a pic but it's not coming up for me :) Anyone else wanna upload their Photorealistic images?

here's my ps3.
    4321235451_3243d7d5e5_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭IrishKev

Pic's not coming up for me for some reason :S Link to Tinypic?
    :)
    EDIT: Forget it mate I see it now. Nice! But Reillyman I still can't see yours, any chance of the tinypic link to yours?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

IrishKev wrote: »
    Pic's not coming up for me for some reason :S Link to Tinypic?
    :)
    EDIT: Forget it mate I see it now. Nice! But Reillyman I still can't see yours, any chance of the tinypic link to yours?
    Thanks

Yeah I actually have the same problem, I can't see the one I uploaded. If you gimmee your e-mail I'll send them to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Milk Me

Well, you obviously didn't see eVeNtInE's post (quoted below), or perhaps it wasn't to your liking either?

However, as he is a moderator of this forum, you will need to follow his directions whether you like them or not, at least if you wish to continue to use this forum.

Infracted.

AHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH INFRACTED , WHY DONT YOU BAN ME SO I CAN USE MY OTHER ACCOUNT, PLEASE , I WANT TO GET BANNED ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

AHAHAHAHAAHHAHAH INFRACTED , WHY DONT YOU BAN ME SO I CAN USE MY OTHER ACCOUNT, PLEASE , I WANT TO GET BANNED ! :D

Please, ban him now.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I guess you've never heard of IP bans.....

:D

dazco wrote: »
    here's my ps3.

That's a quality cad model you have there! Can I ask what font you used for the SONY writting or is it an image?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

My cousin's memory wiped today... so sickened for him. All the CAD model has disappeared... any quick fire ways of re-making it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

here's my ps3.

Very nice, you're materials are spot on. It's impossible to get that effect when more or less everything on the Wii is the same material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

here's my ps3.
    That's so good I could almost confuse it for a photograph!

The D-Pad looks a bit too thin though but otherwise it's spot on perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭kennethk

I guess you've never heard of IP bans.....

:D

hahahahaha gud one:p

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭KealanOCarroll

Heres my two: Wii and a "BikeHero" new concept

Nice concept, but how exactly does it work? should get you the A comfortably imo!

can't see it from that angle, but the wii remote clicks in behind the blue panel so it'll talk to the wii consle usin the original remote...

It's infrared i know, so wouldnt work in reality but hey, its a concept...use bluetooth or somethin instead;)

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭jigsaw 1

Does anyone know if it really maters if you do your project at home or in school?

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭gant0

jigsaw 1 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it really maters if you do your project at home or in school?
    all cad MUST be done on a school server.Technically everyhting has to be done in school but really you can do ally your sketches and powerpoint etc,at home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

here's my ps3.

May I ask what materials did you use on the Analog?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Here's my ps2..:)

picture.php?albumid=1001&pictureid=4907

Advertisement