Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DCG Projects '10

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rossie17

Wow I just joined, glad I found this. Nice playstations lads. Any lads doing the nintendo dsi? any mod suggestions?
    Heres mine, hope it comes out, its not super but not too bad either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭MoyVilla9

Rossie17 wrote: »
    Wow I just joined, glad I found this. Nice playstations lads. Any lads doing the nintendo dsi? any mod suggestions?
    Heres mine, hope it comes out, its not super but not too bad either

That looks well good. As for a Mod? I dunno, just what I keep hearing is you have to justify it

3_BOoYA_X wrote: »
    Here's my ps2..:)

picture.php?albumid=1001&pictureid=4907

How did you get the Playstation logo on it?

MoyVilla9 wrote: »
    That looks well good. As for a Mod? I dunno, just what I keep hearing is you have to justify it

Ah thanks. Ill just make sure I put up a damn good argument!!

Now Im looking for an A1 in this craic, my sketching is fine, its just my solidworks model tha could stop me from getting it. Do you think those photo realistic images would get 10/10? I think in the close up one the colour is too bright and glossy and the angle isnt the best so im gonna change it 2mrw, any other things you see? Its just sloppy if I lose marks here to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭hevsuit

Heres mine....OriginalAssembly.jpg

• Advertisement

Wow thats nice too. Nearly everyone in my class is doing the Wii so they are screwed against all these PS controllers!!

Wow thats nice too. Nearly everyone in my class is doing the Wii so they are screwed against all these PS controllers!!
    Ya, your right there.
    I've got the marking scheme, and 'factor of difficulty' is a major contributer to marks gained.....In other words, a person who does a perfect WII will get the same marks for SW outputs as someone else who does the PS but has made a few mistakes.
    The clown agrees anyway.....:pac:

lol-internet.gif

I cant find that on the marking scheme, mine is called "Design and communication graphics student assessment --higher level assessment sheet", same as yours?

hevsuit wrote: »
    Heres mine....OriginalAssembly.jpg

May I ask what's the material on the Analog? That's unreal what you made

Now Im looking for an A1 in this craic, my sketching is fine, its just my solidworks model tha could stop me from getting it. Do you think those photo realistic images would get 10/10? I think in the close up one the colour is too bright and glossy and the angle isnt the best so im gonna change it 2mrw, any other things you see? Its just sloppy if I lose marks here to be honest.

I haven't a clue, what does it say in the marking scheme? It looks grand to me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mangoverboard

I'm freaking out about this project.No one in my class has it anywhere near finished.Some people have literally given up.Our teacher is useless.He can't use solidworks at all.He just leaves everyone to their own devices and if you ask for help he rarely knows what to do.

I'm so screwed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭KeithM23

Someone has to represent Microsoft

xbox360controllerrender.png

How did you guys get so detailed? I barely finished and am nowhere near as detailed as most if not all.

Textured Rubber for the analogs, makes it look sick!!

KeithM23 wrote: »
    Someone has to represent Microsoft

xbox360controllerrender.png

How did you guys get so detailed? I barely finished and am nowhere near as detailed as most if not all.
    Man, your the only person I know doin the 360, fair play to ya as thats extremely difficuly imo.:):):):)

Man, your the only person I know doin the 360, fair play to ya as thats extremely difficuly imo.:):):):)

TY it's not the finished version so the rendering isn't as good but that is the most updated pic I had on my memory stick.

Did mostly everyone do a concept?

TY it's not the finished version so the rendering isn't as good but that is the most updated pic I had on my memory stick.

Did mostly everyone do a concept?
    I dunno about everyone, but everybody in my class is doin Modifications.

I dunno about everyone, but everybody in my class is doin Modifications.

The word from the markers is that there's more points going for concept designs so no prizes for guessing what I'm doing.

I haven't a clue, what does it say in the marking scheme? It looks grand to me

Just says Produce a photorealistic computer generated image of artifact. if doesnt even give a grade in theis section just 10. So maybe if you have it done you get a flat 10? not likely but meh, Ill be ok.

For the lad doin the xbox, yeah that will look nice after you refine the edges. You know about "Options>Document properties>Image quality"? Makes round things look much nicer and less like polygons.

The word from the markers is that there's more points going for concept designs so no prizes for guessing what I'm doing.

Thats for mods? Like redesigning the shape etc? That lad who got the A1 on page 14 of the thread redesigned it completely. Aztec pyramid style, very impressive idea.

Yea I heard that from my teacher aswell but I wasn't bothered coming up with a good concept so I took the easy way out and got this

picture01feb042243.jpg

It looks almost the exact same but there are actual modifications, does that matter?

• Advertisement

Yea I heard that from my teacher aswell but I wasn't bothered coming up with a good concept so I took the easy way out and got this

picture01feb042243.jpg

It looks almost the exact same but there are actual modifications, does that matter?

It would be better if it looked different imo, did you see my post about image quality?
    Would help that pic a lot.

^ If you can back your Mod up well you will do okay. However, there's a part where you they mark you on the actual Modelling you've done in the Mod (Output 9, I think), you'll lose marks on that area if there's not a lot of Modelling done.

It would be better if it looked different imo, did you see my post about image quality?
    Would help that pic a lot.

No I didn't, but I have already finished my project so it wouldn't be of any use.

On a matter of interest though, what does it do?

^ If you can back your Mod up well you will do okay. However, there's a part where you they mark you on the actual Modelling you've done in the Mod (Output 9, I think), you'll lose marks on that area if there's not a lot of Modelling done.

Well I would say the mod only has one decently challenging aspect in it and thats the grips - kinda blue part on the underside of the handle, impossible to see from the image though.

What exactly are they looking for? Hard Modelling or a lot of Modelling?

I'm freaking out about this project.No one in my class has it anywhere near finished.Some people have literally given up.Our teacher is useless.He can't use solidworks at all.He just leaves everyone to their own devices and if you ask for help he rarely knows what to do.

I'm so screwed.
    Ya,I agree with you that alot of the teachers are useless. The department should have trained the teachers for at least a year before the new course came into use.
    I have missed all classes this week grinding on that bloody controller. Heres a link to the solidworks files of the controller that you see when SolidWorks starts up.http://www.mediafire.com/?n2yjkykzoxy I take no credit for this masterpiece. I crawled the internets looking for it, eventually found it, and now im reuploading it for the good of DCG students. Hope it helps, and have fun. ( Photoview 360 on this controller is @#$%ing unreal!!!)

As long as you havnt sent it off you can do it. You go into the part, go to options etc like i said, improve the quality and it auto does it for the assembly, its just a case of dragging a button over to "higher quality" but not into the red section. It makes the "circles" much rounder and less like octagons etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Mangoverboard

Ya,I agree with you that alot of the teachers are useless. The department should have trained the teachers for at least a year before the new course came into use.
    I have missed all classes this week grinding on that bloody controller. Heres a link to the solidworks files of the controller that you see when SolidWorks starts up.http://www.mediafire.com/?n2yjkykzoxy I take no credit for this masterpiece. I crawled the internets looking for it, eventually found it, and now im reuploading it for the good of DCG students. Hope it helps, and have fun. ( Photoview 360 on this controller is @#$%ing unreal!!!)

Woah thats class.Should help a lot.Thanks!

As long as you havnt sent it off you can do it. You go into the part, go to options etc like i said, improve the quality and it auto does it for the assembly, its just a case of dragging a button over to "higher quality" but not into the red section. It makes the "circles" much rounder and less like octagons etc.

I've tried that before and the comp I use in my school freezes, thanks alot though. I'm fine with it though more worried about the sketches to be honest.

Anyone able to put up one of theirs? The rendered quality ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭3_BOoYA_X

Basically just used spline lines and drew it in and extruded like 0.001 or something :)

Did everyone do new concepts or mods...? Im the only one in my class doing a new design, its killing me. All week after exams ive been doing it, don't ask me what im going to do next week.....

• Advertisement

Can any of you guys instruct me as how to do a screw in SW? Im practising the battery pack at the back.

Advertisement