Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bluescreen error message: Should i be worried?

• 12-10-2009 10:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭

While using my laptop i got the following message on a blue screen:

***HARDWARE MALFUNCTION
    CALL YOUR HARDWARE VENDOR
    NMI: PARITY CHECK/MEMORY PARITY ERROR
    ***THE SYSTEM HAS HALTED***

After getting this message i turned the laptop off and on again and seem to have no problem with it at the moment. Any idea why this could have occurred?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

changed the ram or any bios setting recently? what OS?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

calex71 wrote: »
    changed the ram or any bios setting recently? what OS?

Nope, haven't changed a thing recently....OS is XP SP2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

Could be the video RAM.

Google your laptop model number and graphics card/adaptor to see if others are having the same problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

That's a incredibly detailed error message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭gnolan

polyfusion wrote: »
    Could be the video RAM.

Google your laptop model number and graphics card/adaptor to see if others are having the same problem.

Have been having a look there and could find nothing, tried a few different combinations but no luck. Its a Fujistsu Siemens Amilo Si 1848.
    That's a incredibly detailed error message.

I thought so too, so made sure to take note of exactly what it said before i powered it off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

gnolan wrote: »
    Have been having a look there and could find nothing, tried a few different combinations but no luck. Its a Fujistsu Siemens Amilo Si 1848.

I thought so too, so made sure to take note of exactly what it said before i powered it off

It could be a Ram stick starting to go.Download memtest86 and run it

Advertisement