Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with my Home Network!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dan_eire

Ok, i got a Linksysy BEFSR41 4-port Router - but i'm having some problems...

When i connect either of the laptops wirelessly, i get the auld "Cannot display this webpage". But when i press "Diagnose Connection Problems" and run through the wizard, everything is grand. If i turn off/on the laptops, i have to go through the wizard again.... arrgghh! :mad:

My pc upstairs works grand. However, my xbox is now having problems connecting to xbox live, "Your NAT type is Moderate. People on networks with this NAT type may not be able to join certain games or hear other people while playing online. For the best online experience, you need an open NAT configuration." :(

And... my PS3 is still giving me a DNS error and can't connect. :(

I've hooked up my laptop to the router and had a look at the settings. I see you can enable "DMZ", but only for one specific ip address and i'd need it for both the xbox and ps3.

Any help?! (again) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Its best to give these devices static ip's. Do You use both at the same time? If never, then use the same static ip.

Dmz just forwards all the ports, just setup a port forward of all ports in both tcp and udp to the other lan ip.

yes i use them at the same time. any idea why my xbox is having NAT problems and my ps3 is having DNS probs??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

No idea, these usually can be fidly with firewalls on routers but for the dns issue just add Your isp's dns servers to the ps3 instead

I set a static ip address on my xbox360 and i'm still getting the NAT moderate warning

• Advertisement

OK wierd... i set ststic ip addresses for my laptop and xbox 360 and they're fine now. But i didn't set my ps3's ip address and it connect automatically now?!

Anywho, thanks to everyone who helped me out. I now have a (working) home network consisting of; 2 laptops, pc, xbox360 and ps3!! :D

Advertisement