Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mmmmm, crumpets!

Options
  • 12-10-2009 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

:pac:
    I moved to ireland six years ago from england and I really miss crumpets! Hot and toasted with butter mmmmm! Does anyone know of anywhere that sells them?
    I was over the moon at Electric Picnic this year when I stumbled across the Strumpets with Crumpets stall where you could buy crumpets with anything from marmite to jam on top (you can't beat just plain old butter in my opinion!)
    Any help much appreciated.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

M & S might be a good starting point.
    Though I think ones I've seen there are quite rubbery imo.

You may get more of a response if the thread was in Food & Drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

The-Rigger wrote: »
    M & S might be a good starting point.
    Though I think ones I've seen there are quite rubbery imo.
    I got some in Tesco recently and they were horrible. It was like biting into a flattened tennis ball, although at least a tennis ball would have some type of taste off it.

Used to love them as a kid but I haven't seen any nice ones around anywhere.

OP, you could always try to make your own?

I might actually try this recipe some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

i normally get mine in asda or sainsbury's in the north when i'm passing, bit easier for me though

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Sevi

:)Thanks for the suggestions people
    None of the supermarkets around where I live inc. tesco's sell them, I brought a few packs back from england last time and yes they were really rubbery!
    I'm gonna give it a go and make some, wish me luck!

Advertisement