Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding present - how much??

Options
  • 12-10-2009 11:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Going to wedding in two weeks, they have a list with a shop u just make a contribution to rather than buying actual present. How much are u supposed to spend, is €100 enough to give from me on my own? Loadsa couples I know are going but don't want to ask them how much they're putting in. Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Moved from After Hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭00112984

€100 for you alone is more than enough and is what I'd give.

Saying that, I hate gift lists/contributions requests and am a spitefull bitch so would instantly reduce to €50, just cos they asked.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

newbie1010 wrote: »
    Going to wedding in two weeks, they have a list with a shop u just make a contribution to rather than buying actual present. How much are u supposed to spend, is €100 enough to give from me on my own? Loadsa couples I know are going but don't want to ask them how much they're putting in. Cheers!

€100 on your own sounds perfect, if not too generous in these times. It's much better when they have a list; at least you know that whatever you get them they will want.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭Rebelheart

00112984 wrote: »
    €100 for you alone is more than enough and is what I'd give.

Saying that, I hate gift lists/contributions requests and am a spitefull bitch so would instantly reduce to €50, just cos they asked.

It's far, far easier to have those lists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 samilou

I am getting married in April and we would be very grateful for €100 as i think anyone getting married (the cost of a wedding these days) would greatly appreciate.

I did at first thing it was a bit rude to have a list but when you already live together and have done for a while, most couples have what they need, there is only so many bales of towels, sets of knives etc 1 house needs. I think a mixture is good, have an option for gift vouchers, inexpensive to more expensive presents. We havent done a list yet, but everyone is always asking what we want and are we having a list...

• Advertisement
Advertisement