Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing log 2009 -2010

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

Are you doing the race in Raheny on Sunday (6 miler IIRC?). I'll be hungover / drunk myself, might pop down for a peek though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

christeb wrote: »
    Are you doing the race in Raheny on Sunday (6 miler IIRC?). I'll be hungover / drunk myself, might pop down for a peek though

Nope wont be out that part of dublin tomorrow , sound slike your going to have a good night tonight then :)

Day|AM|PM|Comments
    Monday|6 miles @ 8:35 pace|3 miles easy 9:20 pace|Double day , running with someone from work maybe junk miles but been social too.
    Tuesday|5 miles easy@ 8:30 pace|Core |Lunch time run
    Wed|6 miles 3 mile @tempo||7:16,6:53,7:28
    Thursday|8 miles easy (ish) 8:17 pace|||
    Friday |Rest|Core||I dont rest well, I want to run|
    Sat|easy 6 miles|||
    Sunday|6 miles recovery|||

Legs were a bit tired after the rest day yesterday, took it nice and easy today no idea of time or pace.

Day|AM|PM|Comments
    Monday|6 miles @ 8:35 pace|3 miles easy 9:20 pace|Double day , running with someone from work maybe junk miles but been social too.
    Tuesday|5 miles easy@ 8:30 pace|Core |Lunch time run
    Wed|6 miles 3 mile @tempo||7:16,6:53,7:28
    Thursday|8 miles easy (ish) 8:17 pace|||
    Friday |Rest|Core||I dont rest well, I want to run|
    Sat|easy 6 miles|||
    Sunday|6 miles XC race 47:11 8+ miles in total|||

Didnt go great today but really enjoyed the run, legs very tired to start with , First 2 laps were ok second 2 were hard was happy to get to the finish. Acutually is a 10k pb but doesnt really count :).
    Nice weeks training and feel good but feel like i've trained this week :). 6 out of 10 for today run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

what race was that shels? race will bring you on no ends. and nice to get a 10k pb esp given its xc. if you stay injury free you ll be flying early in the new year

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    what race was that shels? race will bring you on no ends. and nice to get a 10k pb esp given its xc. if you stay injury free you ll be flying early in the new year

Hi there,
    It was an internal race for another club , I ran as a guest , Was nice still think I should have run closer to the 45 mark but nice hard week last week, and think i'd be in sub 43 shape for a 10k within 6/8 week. just need mroe miles in the legs.

To stay injury free is the main plan :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

shels4ever wrote: »
    To stay injury free is the main plan :)

+1 to that, its been 2 steps forward, 1 backward for me all year.

Plan for the week is as follows, will be playing it by ear Thursday, Friday with runs all depends on how well santa gets to sleep on christmas eve, and if he's work extra early on christmas morning.

Nex few week is about getting the miles back to the high 40's think i've over cooked this in the past resulting in injury so will increase by no more then 3-4 miles per week. Aim for this week is 42-44 miles.

Day|AM|PM|Comments
    Monday|4 miles @ 9 pace||Very stiff today legs tired.
    Tuesday|7 miles easy| |
    Wed|6 miles 3 mile @tempo||
    Thursday|8 miles easy |||
    Friday |Rest / May do 3/4 miles @goal mile |||I|
    Sat|easy 8 miles howth run easy |||
    Sunday|6 miles easy|||
    Guess yesterday did take somethin out of me legs tired and stiff today, tired calf but not pain just that lactic feeling...

Day|AM|PM|Comments
    Monday|4 miles @ 9 pace||Very stiff today legs tired.
    Tuesday|6.8 miles easy| |
    Wed|||
    Thursday||||
    Friday |Rest / May do 3/4 miles @goal mile |||I|
    Sat||||
    Sunday||||

Yesterdays run was cold and feet got very we in the park , starting to feel very easy on these runs so, so should be back in ok shape in 4-5 week for Raheny. Will set a target to 34:00 mins for this race, might be a bit early but need to target something hard, tempo runs are about 7:15 pace at the moment so I would run sub 35's in a race if i needed now.

Tempo run in the park later today , I had a 2.5 k lap for these but it was on path so I will move today run to grass .

didnt bother with the log over christmas as I was usually on the move and only home a couple of days in the last week. Running has mostly jsut been easy miles this week, only missed one days running last week which was christmas day.

Was passed by Sean connolly on yesterday run and he was flying, i'vebeen passed by him many times now but he seems to really be moving yesterday.

• Advertisement

Day|AM|PM|Comments
    Monday|5 miles @ 9 pace||
    Tuesday|5 miles easy| |legs felt very stiff.
    Wed|||
    Thursday||||
    Friday |||||
    Sat||||
    Sunday||||

Ok I must be mad but going to give belfast a lash again this year. Was thinking about it the last couple of weeks as to what my plans for the year would be. There are 10 of us going up to Belfast to do the relay so i've decided that its a bit too far to go to do a relay might as well keep going after the first leg.

I wasnt happy with last years run, Also I was going to be part of a realy team thats going up so I will still run the first leg of this and then try and race them to the finish :). The team will have my 3 brothers some will run 9+ min miles and some 6'ish min miles.... So I'd better step up the training now....

Last years time was 4:55 or something but with a 10 mile walk so If I do not go faster then that I'll give up running...

I did say I wouldnt do another marathon until I was capable of running 3:15...

I'm not setting any time plans at all, just going to train hard and see how I stand a few week out.

123 days to go....

Day|AM|PM|Comments
    Monday|5 miles @ 9 pace||
    Tuesday|5 miles | |legs felt very stiff.
    Wed|no running||
    Thursday|6 miles @8:30 pace |||
    Friday |||||
    Sat||||
    Sunday||||
    [/QUOTE]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

G'luck with your journey towards Belfast etc Shels.

G'luck with your journey towards Belfast etc Shels.
    Thanks have picked a good few races along the way to keep it fun :)

7 or 8 miles easy today in the snow, got pelted with snow balls a couple or time then fell on my ass in the park. Was nice out but cant wait for this snow/ice to go away.

7 or 8 miles easy today in the snow, got pelted with snow balls a couple or time then fell on my ass in the park. Was nice out but cant wait for this snow/ice to go away.

Went out for an easy 5 this morning and ended up doing 8 miles was cold but very nice, propper plan startes tomorrow now .

Day|Distance|time|Comments
    Monday|6 MILES|no watch|

Nice run today, the park is a lot better today with only one or two areas of bad ground. Felt very nice out today . Ended up with company for hte first 4 miles as I met someone I knew in the car park.

]Day|Distance|time|Comments
    Monday|6 MILES|no watch|
    Tuesday|1 hour bike|Core and stretching
    Didn't manage to get out of work before dark today and lunch time wasnt an option today so was stick on the exercise bike today. Better then nothing. Nice core session and lots of stretching .

]Day|Distance|time|Comments
    Monday|6 MILES|no watch|
    Tuesday|1 hour bike|Core and stretching
    Wed| 5 miles very easy|
    Wow what a run, very slow but so so much snow, got caugh in it but loved ever min of it. Park was nearl empty apart from another mad person who though it would be nice to run.

• Advertisement

5 miles in the snow again today, gettting really sick of this weather. Plan is just to do 40-60 mins each day to ensure i stay injury free. Legs felt a bit stiff and tired today. Think its due to running on uneven ground under the snow.

5 miles easy today in the ice and slush, ground is frozen solid now going to to a while until its back to normal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭traininglog

only saw 3 runners in the phoenix park this morning.you seem to have your training spot on since the weather.
    what type of sessions are you planning on doing once the snow and ice clears?
    are you doing the Raheny 5miler?

only saw 3 runners in the phoenix park this morning.you seem to have your training spot on since the weather.
    what type of sessions are you planning on doing once the snow and ice clears?
    are you doing the Raheny 5miler?
    Training has been ok, only missed one day so happy with that but its been slow going.

Plan was to do Raheny but have missed most of my session the past few week, only been getting easy miles in. Once the snow is gone I have a 4 week plan that I will follow before starting a 12 week marathon plan.

I'd say I'll still run raheny but wont be in top shape for it :(

Marathon number arrived today :) 818 its the same upside down backwards so no problems with putting the number on :). Good news that the so called Expo is on in Belfast city hall so now 30 mins bus ride this year.

Yesterday 6 sloppy miles slip and slide....

Today
    4 miles very easy legs feeling very stiff today. Think its after the last number of days in the snow. Plus side the grass has all returned but is rock solid.

6 miles today
    3 @ 7:15 pace.

Legs not feeling good calf and shins verystiff,Think i will take a few days off .Think its because of all the snow .

Friday nothing (rest)
    Sat ,went for a free massage I was offered months ago, wouldnt have been as good as physio but was nice. Calf was very tight .

Have done up my plan now for the next 15 week its going to be fun :)

Well back in action today with a nice 6 mile run , have had some problems with the legs nothing too bad but decided not to risk anything.

With the brother running really well at the moment and now drafted into the Boards AC ranks I really need to up my game.

Have a nice training plan sorted out now,forthe next 14 week to bring me upto belfast, the key to my plan is lots and lots of easy running followed by more easy running. It's going to be the "Definitive Easy marathon plan" ;)

Once I'm finsihed that i'm going to take my 5 mile family record ~(31:35)back from the bro who's going to try and break it on sunday....it's going to be very close it think , I'd say he'll run (31:36 ;) )..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Well back in action today with a nice 6 mile run , have had some problems with the legs nothing too bad but decided not to risk anything.

With the brother running really well at the moment and now drafted into the Boards AC ranks I really need to up my game.

Have a nice training plan sorted out now,forthe next 14 week to bring me upto belfast, the key to my plan is lots and lots of easy running followed by more easy running. It's going to be the "Definitive Easy marathon plan" ;)

Once I'm finsihed that i'm going to take my 5 mile family record ~(31:35)back from the bro who's going to try and break it on sunday....it's going to be very close it think , I'd say he'll run (31:36 ;) )..

Best of luck beating your bro over 5m, i know how it feels! Luckily my bro is more of a footballer. He challenged me to 1 mile around Corcaigh Park last year thinking he was fitter due to footy training and i wiped the floor with him :cool: Nice moment waiting over half minute for him at our designated finish line!

Advertisement