Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing log 2009 -2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

smmoore79 wrote: »
    Best of luck beating your bro over 5m, i know how it feels! Luckily my bro is more of a footballer. He challenged me to 1 mile around Corcaigh Park last year thinking he was fitter due to footy training and i wiped the floor with him :cool: Nice moment waiting over half minute for him at our designated finish line!
    Ah yes, but my problem is he's running to fecken well now :), But that will just force me to really up my game :)

Might have to run sub 3 in Dublin this year now...actually that will never be the plan as thats during the XC season but if it was ;) ,......

Easy 8 miles today, First run in a while that the leg felt almost normal its strange been injured but not been injured. No idea of time today somewhere in the 8:30/9 range i'd guess , had company for the first part of the run so it felt easy. Had a mad idea to keep going and do a 14 but that would have been a bit ott.

Just looking at my training plan and its not going great Belfast is still the goal but can't take any more loss training so if that happens it will be binned, i'm not going to justplod around a marathon again.

Races.
    Teachers XC is going to bemy next real race , its 8 week away so that will bea good benchmark . I may run the Garda XC but that will depend on training.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

Well the record is now mine. 30:45 and i'm only getting faster. Heading out now for a nice easy 10 miler:)

foleyalan wrote: »
    Well the record is now mine. 30:45 and i'm only getting faster. Heading out now for a nice easy 10 miler:)

Enjoy it while it lasts have had it for too many years now ;) and plan on taking it back next year again... Whats your marathon pb ?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

shels4ever wrote: »
    Enjoy it while it lasts have had it for too many years now ;) and plan on taking it back next year again... Whats your marathon pb ?;)

That's fighting talk

• Advertisement

Aaron2010 wrote: »
    That's fighting talk
    Yep nothing like a good fight , Its the kick in the ass that I needed now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭smmoore79

Yep nothing like a good fight , Its the kick in the ass that I needed now.

You'll just have to go sub 28 now to put a bit of distance between the 2 of yiz :rolleyes:

Easy 5 miles today,on road again can't remember last time I did 2 back to back runs on the road... it's far too easy .

Decided i'm going to do carlingford half mara again this year,its low key event with a couple of hill(nothing too bad) but I owe mile 9-11 a bit of a kicking after last year. Will be a good benchmark to compare last year to this year.

Well training hasn't been great at all, Had some problem wiht my leg that just limited my runing, So just been doing really easy miles for the last 10 days.
    Have run the last 4 days and taken today off , building up slow fomr 30 mins runs to 40/50 mins .

Starting to feel a lot better now and will do the Garda XC as my first tempo run , Will be happy if i get around in less then 8 min pace but will see how the next 10 days goes.

Not going to push too hard for the next few week to ensure that I stay fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭figs

Starting to feel a lot better now and will do the Garda XC as my first tempo run , Will be happy if i get around in less then 8 min pace but will see how the next 10 days goes.

Did the same thing last weekend for the Dublin Airport race at ALSAA, and would recommend it. Was very nervous doing it, and nearly chickened out, but just finishing gave me some confidence that injury had healed. With 10 days to go, I reckon I can give Garda race a shot at race pace.

• Advertisement

figs wrote: »
    Did the same thing last weekend for the Dublin Airport race at ALSAA, and would recommend it. Was very nervous doing it, and nearly chickened out, but just finishing gave me some confidence that injury had healed. With 10 days to go, I reckon I can give Garda race a shot at race pace.
    Yep will be nice to get out, another 10 days easy running for me before then, its hard not to run fast ( faster) sometimes.

50 mins running today very easy with some hills. First day that i've felt that i could have run a lot faster, was hard to keep the pace slow for the last mile.

30 mins easy runthis afternoon, plan is for long run tomorrow but will max out at 80 mins. Feeling great the last two day.

70 mins easy running today with lots and lots of hills, Pheonix park was a total run feast today never seen so many runners about.

Stopped @ 70 mins today and walked back to the car. Trying to include a warm down/walk at the end of each run .

Very happy with todays run, Still no where near where I should be.

Tomorrows plan is another easy 45 mins.

6 days in the bag this week first time in 3 months. Keeping it really easy is the key for now.

I was asked what time I want torun in Belfast but at this point I just want to run, will see how i'm going in April.

45 mins recovery run today, very slow as planned. Found ithard to keep the pace down today.

Yesterday. 45 mins easy with 3X4 mins @ tempo pace felt really hard doing this,2-3months ago i was doing 35-40 mins at this pace......

1 hour very easy running, tired today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,082 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Solid base building underway Shels, looking forward to seeing you on the track later in the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

glad to see you back shels. like me you seem to have had plenty of set backs, just take it nice and handy and listen to the body. give yourself a nice easy recovery run after longer days or that tempo like yesterday.i know its hard to be restrained at times but long term it pays off. tergat is right with his consistency thoughts, just take it nice and handy. 6 weeks solid running with no injuries and you wont know yourself.

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Solid base building underway Shels, looking forward to seeing you on the track later in the year?

yep , thats the plan . running really slow at the moment but not too worried just yet. miles miles miles are the key for the next while then i'll set a few pb's in the summer.

• Advertisement

kennyb3 wrote: »
    glad to see you back shels. like me you seem to have had plenty of set backs, just take it nice and handy and listen to the body. give yourself a nice easy recovery run after longer days or that tempo like yesterday.i know its hard to be restrained at times but long term it pays off. tergat is right with his consistency thoughts, just take it nice and handy. 6 weeks solid running with no injuries and you wont know yourself.
    Yep thanks, Been running really slow the past while and going to keep it easy for a little longer just increasing distance, no real session for the next 2-3 week but going to do the XC this weekend just for a bit of fun. Will just go around at 8min/mile pace and see how it feels.

Its a pity you're not race fit, i dont know when the last time we raced each other was ??? any ideas?? :confused:

foleyalan wrote: »
    Its a pity you're not race fit, i dont know when the last time we raced each other was ??? any ideas?? :confused:

I'd say it was back in the 90's when I kicked your ass over 3k ;) and 5 mile :)

I'll be race fit soon enough so don't let your training slip.

Yesterday.
    Rest day , lots of stretching (maybe a bit too much)and some core work.

Just about to go for a run and spotted this, not a bad days running for Cragg 3:59 mile and a 7:54 3k on the same day.

http://ireland.flotrack.org/video/main/show/id/269611-Tasty-Race-of-the-Week-Jan-16

very muddy 45 mins run today, starting to feel a bit like a runner again

Friday,
    40 mins @9+min mile.

Sat
    Race
    4 miles 31:55 plan was to go sub 32 as a tempo felt strong at the start but calf was very stiff @ 2 miles had to stop and stretch twice. But happe enough with this run . I know i can take 4 mins of this time with 4-6 week running,
    Was at about 70/80% effort today. I'm not as unfit as I suspected.

Today,

6 miles at mad pace, plan was for 8:45 pace but couldnt keep myslef slow found myslef running faster and faster as the run went on, stopped twice to break it up, but felt really good today. Decided to go with it for the last 2 k or last mile 7:20 and felt too good.

Almost sure I can take 4 mins of last week's 4 mile race in 3-4 week.

Has a chat to one of the countries top runners last week and made me thing of targets a bit, I've binned the marathon as its not a goal of mine, and going to go all out to be in shape for the summer.

Watch your back Al ;)

Today,

6 miles at mad pace, plan was for 8:45 pace but couldnt keep myslef slow found myslef running faster and faster as the run went on, stopped twice to break it up, but felt really good today. Decided to go with it for the last 2 k or last mile 7:20 and felt too good.

Almost sure I can take 4 mins of last week's 4 mile race in 3-4 week.

Has a chat to one of the countries top runners last week and made me thing of targets a bit, I've binned the marathon as its not a goal of mine, and going to go all out to be in shape for the summer.

Watch your back Al ;)

Bring it on!!:D

• Advertisement

40 mins easy running tonight,

Advertisement