Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Racing log 2009 -2010

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭shels4ever

3 mile warmup

3 X 800m @3:25,3:26:3:26

2.5 mile warm down.

Was nice to get this done today, first one in a while will add a rep onto this next week. This was run on grass over some hills to so happy enough with todays work

4 mile recovery run, no watch but was very slow feeling vey god the past few days since i've increased the volume.

9.3 miles @ 9:07 pace in Pheonix park today. Nice and easy run taking in a few hills. lots of people out running this morning.

Did a couple of miles around the inter clubs today, was great to watch some sick part of me actually wishes i was running the 12k and not watching.

6 miles easy all on grass. No idea of time.

• Advertisement

Plan for today was for 3X1 mile @ tempo pace with 30 seconds recovery just to get used to these tempo runs again.

Started off well and felt ok, pace was ok for the first mile then things went wrong, started running way too fast mid way through the second rep, and 3rd rep I was fairly annoyed and tired.
    1. 7.23
    2. 6.52
    3. 7.17

5 miles easy @ lunch had a bit of a nasty fall @ about 4 miles Shin is in lots of pain now, fell over a stupid root...

Thursday 11th
    Rest day.

Friday 12th .

6 miles @ 8:15 pace all on grass, pace was nice faster then I have been running but was able to chat all the way round . Shin feels good but icing it now.

Sat 13th.

5 miles very easy 9 min +pace.

Wasnt feeling great today so cut my nine miler down to 7. Have had 3 good weeks not so no point kilkling myself its early days.
    I was planning on racing in 2 weeks time, but as it turns out the race is next weekend :( .. So will have to change my plan around a little.

• Advertisement

7.5 miles grass run with some 800m surges @ 7:15 pace. Felt very good best run in a while. The next few days will be alleasy running then i'll give the 4 mile race a lash on sat... not sure how well i'll go but ran 28:30 last year so if i'm close to that i'll be happy.

Busy day in work today and was planning on a rest day but jsut needed to get out of the office, just did 30 mins very slow jog and fell all the better for it.

4.5 miles @ 8+ pace.
    Feeling the last couple of weeks in the legs now, So will take it easy for the next couple of day then rce on Sat plan is to try and get as close to last years time. Still a few weeks away from been race fit but will be in a lot better shap then last year very soon

Legs were feleing tired last night , so decided to take today off before the race on Sat. Feeling great now that I decided not to run today go figure. Have a feeling that I'll run fairly well this weekend, as i'm starting to feel really good again.

Today wasnt great 4 miles just over 31 mins, Went off way too fast and suffered alot on mile 3 managed to recover a little over the last mile . Wasnt expecing much today really but though I would have been sub 30.

On the Plus side 4 good week training done, no realy tempo or speed work done let, So the Pb's will come over the summer.

Just over 6 miles on grass today @8:30 pace. Legs felt alot better today then over the weekend.

7 miles easy running today, Easy pace but didnt feel too easy legs were a little tired. 4 X 100m strides to finish.

Wed
    Rest day, Did some core work really wanted to run. Had a hunger for steak yesterday and managed to eat a huge slab or bloody meat... either i'm low on iron or wearwolf.....

Thusday.

5 miles easy . Tempo run tomorrow can wait :) these easy weeks are a bit too easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭foleyalan

shels4ever wrote: »
    Wed
    Rest day, Did some core work really wanted to run. Had a hunger for steak yesterday and managed to eat a huge slab or bloody meat... either i'm low on iron or wearwolf.....

Thusday.

5 miles easy . Tempo run tomorrow can wait :) these easy weeks are a bit too easy.

Probably just low on Iron, Werewolves can run fast!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

foleyalan wrote: »
    Probably just low on Iron, Werewolves can run fast!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

You will eat those words by the years end ... or the next full moon.

• Advertisement

Friday : Tempo

7 miles 3 miles tempo run.
    1. 7:51
    2. 7:47
    3. 7:41
    Still a good bit of where I want to be, but session went exactly as planned.

Been looking at my training diary from last year, and I'm going to increase my mileage over the next few week to get my long runs upto 15 miles, but the pace will be reduced a lot. Last yeat my 5k , 4 mile race pace would have been 6:40 and my long run pace was 9:40.... Seems huge but seemed to work well...

Have picked all my summer races now, and only need to find one more 5 mile race..

Friday.
    6.5 mile run over hill of howth. Nice run and a hard 3.3 mile climb. Going to make this a weekly run now, so if anyone is arouns on Sat or sunday morning.

Havent reallybeen updating tihs the past while.

Last week has been fairly good (apart from today)ee

Sat
    4 miles 31:54
    Took the first 2 miles handy and used the last 2 as a tempo.

sunday
    6.3 miles over howth, very tired and ran far too hard today, paid for it half way up the climb.

4 miles easy at 7am today,not sure i like think morning running.

Sports massage today also, was great to have the calf worked on was a little tight but no real problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Good to hear there is no injury there.. Mine is slowly improving, 50k on the bike since saturday :D.

stmochtas wrote: »
    Good to hear there is no injury there.. Mine is slowly improving, 50k on the bike since saturday :D.

Well thats apart from the stabbing pain in the leg :) but thats not too bad.

Just under 5 miles easy yesterday, legs are feeling good. Will be starting a new training plan in a couple of week so just ticking over at the moment.

Have picked a few target races for the summer now and going to focus on running a very fast half marathon in September 5th. After that lots of Cross country:)

6 great miles today, what a day for a run. Only down point was some fecker decided that the park was a good place to dump his household waste.

5 easy miles in the park this evening. Really nice day out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement