Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

car radio

• 12-10-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Firstly I am a total novice at this so Im looking for a bit of advice.
    Just wondering could any car radio be fitted to any standard car. How would I know if a car radio was compatible to the car i am driving, i.e. (If the car has the necessary plugs and wire connections to install radio? If the radio could fit into its assigned compartment). If I was to order one online, how would I know that it would work in my car?

Thanks in advance.

teednab-el

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

Depends on your car a lot of cars now have bigger stereos than what you will buy online but the connections should be the same if not it is easy enough to get an adapter cable to suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭congo_90

Op, If your car has a radio like the one below (rectangular) then it is very easy to fit. Almost any aftermarket radio will then fit this. That is known as '1 Din ' (size) Note; I'm talking about the sony head unit

450px-Car_dashboard_with_MEX-BT2500_head_unit_and_BCT-15_radio_scanner_installed_and_illuminated.jpeg

All you need is the Din keys provided and unless your driving a vw then the cables should just clip into the back using a connection like the one below (iso connection)

bmw_iso_connector.jpg

Advertisement