Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV - Whats your nastiest bitch slappin ass whooping combo?

• 12-10-2009 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads. I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of deadly combos each fighter has. As I mainly use shotos, I wouldn't know the strongest combos for the others. Here are some of mine:

Ryu: J. HK / Cr. HP / HP Shoryuken / Shinkuu Hadouken / Metsu Hadouken = 626 DP (Anywhere)

Ken: J. HK / St. HK / Shoryu Reppa / Shinryuken = 694 DP (corner only)

Akuma: J. HK / St. HP / LK Tatsumaki / LP Shoryuken FADC HP Shakenetsu Gouhadou = 437 DP (Anywhere)

Sagat: J. HP / Cr. HP / HK Tiger Genocide / Tiger Destruction = 712 DP (corner only)

All these combos are possible in a normal match as they don't need more than four EX bars.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Sorry for the lack of spacing. Very strange thing with boards that even though I split the combos up with spaces in between, boards seems to think it looks better jammed altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Balrog the one, the only; Jumping hard kick, light punch, light punch, light kick, hard headbutt, ultra. Does roughly 400 damage and guaranteed broken ribs* every time.

*Not guaranteed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Don't know the numbers but Akuma's J.HK / s.HK (far) / c.HP / l.tatsu / l.srk FADC H.shaku.

Timing on the HK to HP is a 1 framer I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Offhand :

Blanka - J.RH / Cr.Forward / St.Jb / F.Hori Ball xx Super = ~400 damage
    J.RH / Cr.Forward / Ultra = Not sure of damge. At a guess 500 or so

Chun Li - Shortx3 / EX Legs / Ultra = ~420 damage (Near Corner)
    For flashyness you can do Jump Fierce x2 (Target Combo) / UpKicks TargetCombo (Back+Forward / Forward / Up,Down,Forward) / Ultra = ~300 (Near Corner)

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Akuma: J. HK / St. HP / LK Tatsumaki / LP Shoryuken FADC HP Shakenetsu Gouhadou = 437 DP (Anywhere)
    Don't know the numbers but Akuma's J.HK / s.HK (far) / c.HP / l.tatsu / l.srk FADC H.shaku.

Timing on the HK to HP is a 1 framer I think.

Does it have to be a light srk? Can you not use a fierce/HP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Oh yeah there's also Balrog's Final Turn Punch into Super combo which KOs Seth and leaves Akuma with a sliver of health. I'll use it in a real match one day, mark my words!

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Icarian

Zangief

Flying body attack cross up -> cr LK -> Lariat (PPP)

You can FADC to ex banishing fist too, but it uses 3 EX bars, and does terrible damage, so it's rarely worth it...

Double knee drop -> cr LK x 4 -> Ex banishing fist

And the simple LP -> MP one, two!

Ken

Jump in HK, to target combo (MP -> HP) -> LP Shoryuken FADC to either Ultra, or a HP Shoryuken

HMUYA wrote: »
    Does it have to be a light srk? Can you not use a fierce/HP?

Yeah, you can FADC on the third hit of the HP Shoryuken and get 1 hit off the Shakenetsu Gouhadou but found out from FoamyMushroom that if you use a LP Shoryuken and get 3 hits off the Shakenetsu Gouhadou, it does more damage but that said, timing seems harder with the LP Shoryuken.

Yeah, I'm sure Akuma's double kicks are quite nasty but haven't been able to pull off that combo consistently to mark how much damage it does but was also thinking that you have to remember the damage multiplier problem (more hits, less damage for Shakenetsu Gouhadou or LP Shoryuken) but will check it out anyway. Never knew it was possible to link a Cr. HP after it though.

I'm very curious to know if anyone knows Gen's nastiest combo because he seems to have some nasty juggling capabilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

720 + PPP

• Advertisement

For Gen, Cr.Sh -> Super -> Ultra = 600 damage
    I doubt he can do much better as you would just end up putting more scaling onto the ultra.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    720 + PPP

Doesn't that need a Jump in order to come out? :p

Whats Cr. Sh? :)

Cr.Sh = Cr Short - Short being LK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Whats Cr. Sh? :)

Crouching Short.

J. = Jumping
    St. = Standing
    Cr. = Crouching
    F. = Far
    Cl. = Close

Jab = LP
    Strong = MP
    Fierce = HP

Short = LK
    Forward = MK
    Roundhouse = HK

There are many more abbreviations too.

I think he can do more than 600. I think I was able to pull off something in the 700s. By the way, I'm not talking about damage scaling. Just the nastiest possible combo for a character.

I'm pretty sure Gen could do more but needs some good style switching. Its possible to super cancel his lightning hands actually but has to be on jump in/get up to give you time to buffer in a couple of HPs during the fly kick then land and give some more HPs to get a st. HP into lightning hands then go for the super straight after and then juggle with the ultra (both Mantis super and ultra).

Even though I suck when using him, I can see some nasty possibilities but just needs lots of practice to get right. Its like Yun in 3S with the Genei-Jin. Its all about custom combos and understanding whats possible but Yun is pretty useless if you can't use his Genei-Jin properly.

But something which is for certain, Gen hits a lot harder than Yun. I found that the max Genei-Jin combo I was able to get with Yun is something like 55 so I'm sure Gen can lay the pain down with a similair fighting strategy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

HMUYA wrote: »
    Doesn't that need a Jump in order to come out? :p

not if you can get the 2nd 360 out in under 6 frames

edit: also far as I know Creature is right, final tap xx super is the most powerful combo in the game

SNIP

When talking about combos damage scaling is a huge factor as the longer the combo the less damage you do. So in combos with an Ultra you generally want to get the Ultra out as soon possible. That is why combo like the Chun Li target combo to target combo I posted earlier does relatively little damage as by the time the Ultra connects the damage is through the roof.

The first two hits do 100% damage. On the third hit you do 80% and then each takes it down a further 10%.

Now with my example : Cr.Sh = 1 / Super = 1 / Ultra = 2 (Ultras count as two hits) so your ultra hits at 70% damage.

Now lets say you do : J.Rh = 1 / St.Jab = 1 / Hands = 1 / Super = 1 / Ultra = 2 so Ultra hits at 50%. Your super is also hitting at 70% now.

It will look better but I would reckon that you have reduced the amount of damage done by at least 100 damage. On the other side you will do more stun as I don't believe that stun is scaled. Also it would look awesome.

Yeah, I understand what you mean but I'm talking about total damage. Like even though you're losing some of the damage of the ultra, I'm talking more about total damage. Like with Ryu, you could do a J. HK and then ultra and it'll connect but the total damage will be something like 350+ (can't remember how much the ultra does) but if you throw in a cr. HP (which I suppose isn't necessary) but at least land a HP Shoryuken into Shinkuu into Ultra, you'll get 500+ damage, around 150 more points damage. Although the ultra would be weaker, the total damage is better than limiting the amount of hits.

I agree that its silly to do many hits. Like with Akuma, you can do Cr. LPx2, Cr. MP, Gouhadou FADC then Cr. MK, LK Tatsumaki, HP Shoryuken FADC into Shakenetsu Gouhadou. You'll lose way more total damage with a combo like that than keeping it simple by going for the LK Tatsumaki instead of the Gouhadou in the first part.

But FADC aside, if you can a link super into an ultra, I reckon its the best thing to do when you get the chance.

I know what you mean about total damage but I still think that you would be hard-pressed with Gen to do more damage then Cr.Sh -> Super -> Ultra.

Anyway back on-topic.
    Just checked Boxers TAP to Super and I got one for 880 damege :eek:
    Dunno if thats the highest one but that took ages to charge. Anything above TAP 4 seems to take forever.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Lots of Dictator Combo's for you here :D

Direct Jump In Combo's

J.HP/ St.HP XX HK.Knee Press XX Knee Press Nightmare = 524 DP (Anywhere)
    As far as I'm aware this is Bisons must damaging combo outside of ultra.

J.HP/ St.HP XX HK.Knee Press FADC Cr.LP / St.LP / Cr.MP XX Psycho Crusher = 417 DP (421 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used to finish combo) (Anywhere)

J.HP / St.HP XX HK.Knee Press or HP.Psycho Crusher = 334 DP (342 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used) (Anywhere)

J.HP / C.MP / C.MK XX HK.Knee Press or HP.Pyscho Crusher = 337 DP (344 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used) (Anywhere) (May not work on Akuma)
    This is Bisons most powerful combo without any meter usage.

J.HP / St.HP / C.LK XX Ex.Knee Press = 344 DP (Anywhere)

Air Combo's

J.MP x2 (Hell Attack) / Nightmare Booster = up to 458 DP (In Air)

J.MP / J.MP x2 (Hell Attack) / Nightmare Booster = up to 448 DP (In Air)

J.MP / HP or Ex.Psycho Crusher = 180/190 DP (In Air)

Counter hit Ex.Headstomp (hits in air) / Ex.Skull Diver = 330 DP (280 DP if not a counter hit) (In air)

Focus Attack Combo's

Level 3 FA / S.HP XX HK.Knee Press or HP.Psycho Crusher = 337 DP (344 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used) (Anywhere) (Does not work on Dhalsim)

Level 3 FA / St.HP / Cr.LK XX EX.Knee Press = 344 DP (Anywhere) (Does not work on Dhalsim)

Level 3 FA / Cr.MP / Cr.MK XX HK.Knee Press or HP. Psycho Crusher = 341 DP (347 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used) (Anywhere)

Level 3 FA / Nightmare Booster = up to 528 DP (Anywhere)

Level 3 FA / Forward Dash Level 2 FA / Forward Dash Nightmare Booster = up to 429 DP (Anywhere)
    Flashy Combo that should not be used due to damage scaling :rolleyes:

Level 3 FA on jumping opponent / Foward Dash J.MP x2 (Hell Attack) / Nightmare Booster = up to 481 DP (Away from corner)

Level 3 FA / Foward Dash Ex.Headstomp = 310 DP (Can add Ex. Skull Diver against Zangief and Balrog possibly) (Anywhere)

Level 2 FA / Nightmare Booster = up to 468 DP (Anywhere)

Level 2 FA / Cr. MP / Cr. Mk XX HK.Knee Press or HP. Psycho Crusher = 281 DP (287 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used) (Anywhere)

Cross Up Combo's

J.MK or J.HK or J.HP / Cr.LP / St.LP / Cr.MP XX HK.Knee Press or HP.Psycho Crusher = 258/288/298 DP (264/294/304 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used) (Anywhere)

J.MK or J.HK or J.HP / Cr.LP / St.LP / Cr.MP XX HK.Knee Press FADC Cr.LP / St.LP / Cr.MP XX HK.Knee Press or HP.Psycho Crusher = 289/329/339 DP (291/331/341 DP if EX version of Psycho Crusher or Knee Press is used) (Anywhere)

Link Combo off Special Move

Skull Diver or Ex.Skull Diver / Cr.MP / Cr.MK XX HK.Knee Press = 347 or 387 DP + 30/50/120 damage from Headstomp/Ex.Headstomp hitting or being blocked before Skull Diver. (Anywhere)

Skull Diver / Cr.MP / Cr.MK XX HK.Knee Press XX Knee Press Nightmare = 505 DP + 30/50/120 damage from Headstomp/Ex.Headstomp hitting or being blocked before Skull Diver. (Anywhere)

Ex. Skull Driver / Nightmare Booster = 552 DP (In Corner)
    Most impractical ultra set up in the game.

Counter Hit Combo

St.HK / St.Hk = 270 DP (May only work on large characters) (Anywhere)

St.HP / St.HK = 270 DP (Anywhere)

Nightmare Booster = up to 555 DP (Anywhere)

Super and Ultra

Knee Press Nightmare does 340 damage regardless of button used to activate it.

Nightmare Booster does between 368 and 540 damage.

Long and the short is Bison damage output isn't great. He rarely will land his ultra or super and its difficult for him to land big combo's from opponents mistakes due to needing charge and at that his most damaging option requires a difficult one frame link. Mostly when he punishes an opponent its usually one normal cancelled into Scissors Kick. His direct jump in combo's are decent but his cross up combo's are average at best. FADC to continue combo's usually isn't worth while when damaging scaling is factor in and these combo's require precise timing. He will rarely land his Skull Diver to score a combo off that either. This is compensated by the fact that he got very good pokes.

Sagat, Akuma, Ryu, Ken, Abel, C.Viper, E.Honda, Rufus, Balrog, Dhalsim, Zangief, Blanka, Chun-Li from the arcade roaster alone can put together a scarier offense than Bison can. He is ahead only of Guile, Vega and El Fuerte for sure though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Ill keep it simple with sim.

Fireball - Teleport - Jumping Headbutt - Medium Kick - Yoga flame - Yoga Inferno (super). Does quite alot. :D

When I get a dizzy and don't have super, I like
    Jumping headbutt - Double Headbutt - EX Yoga Flame.

Anything to do with the Ultra. The ultra on its own does pathetic damage, but you can bitchslap your opponent with other moves while he is getting hit, and then follow it up with a Super. :p I like Ultra - Knee - Yoga Mummy - Super as a nice Ultra combo but they have to be hit by the ultra on the ground for it to work properly.

Headbutt? What headbutt?

Something that I'm confused about in your combos though Azza is that you said that you can FA then dash in afterwards and pull off nightmare booster but sure, when can you charge if you're dashing in?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Headbutt? What headbutt?

Something that I'm confused about in your combos though Azza is that you said that you can FA then dash in afterwards and pull off nightmare booster but sure, when can you charge if you're dashing in?

I'm sure Kirby means Sims back+fierce punch headbutt.

For the dash up to Ultras ect you just input the dash and then hold back so you're charging when you're dashing,you even have more time than you need if it's a level 3,it's pretty simple really.

Usually I just use st fierce xx fierce psycho crusher/rh scissors .

Out of all those combos Azza listed my 2 favourites are definately the jump mp x 2 to Ultra off a focus attacked air attack that sends the other guy spinning and the ex stomp to ex skull diver,although the second one is very situational,I have only ever got it in real matches versus Gief or Balrog.

Ah right, k. But what would be the need for the dash? Its easy enough to pull off ultras without any dash. The dash is only useful if you want to go for a combo.

@RopeDrink: Yeah, Guile's super into ultra combos are easily the coolest looking combos in the game. Even just using a flash kick in a combo looks flashy :P.

If I recall correctly, Guile's nastiest combo was something J. HK / Cr. MP / LK double flash and then juggle with ultra. Its actually in one of his hard trials. I think Lvl 4.

And ofcourse, his brilliant taunt.

BRING IT!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed I did. Dhalsim's back fierce is a double headbutt on the ground, a single one in the air.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Not sure how much damge it does but its a lot. Chun in the corner, j.hk, close hk, ex legs, ex legs, ex sbk, ultra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yeah, you can FADC on the third hit of the HP Shoryuken and get 1 hit off the Shakenetsu Gouhadou but found out from FoamyMushroom that if you use a LP Shoryuken and get 3 hits off the Shakenetsu Gouhadou, it does more damage but that said, timing seems harder with the LP Shoryuken.

Yeah, I'm sure Akuma's double kicks are quite nasty but haven't been able to pull off that combo consistently to mark how much damage it does but was also thinking that you have to remember the damage multiplier problem (more hits, less damage for Shakenetsu Gouhadou or LP Shoryuken) but will check it out anyway. Never knew it was possible to link a Cr. HP after it though.
    It's not so much damage you're doing in the combo, it's stun.

If you do this:

J.HK / far HK / c.mkxxgohado FADC far HK / c.mkxxl.tatsu / lp.srk FADC hp.shaku

You're almost guaranteed to have a stunned opponent. Then throw in a crafty reset and it should be game over!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The Terry special with sagat:

st. HK / Ultra.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The Terry special with sagat:

st. HK / Ultra.
    I hear when he plays at home he shouts "Terrrrrrryyyy Destruction!" when he hits the Ultra.

Advertisement