Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SFIV - Whats your nastiest bitch slappin ass whooping combo?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I juat can't get the timing down on anything but basic combos, even srk FADC into ultra eludes me :/

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

HMUYA wrote:
    AFAIK there is no combos where Chun uses an FADC. It's just not worth the two bars for her. I don't think that there is any charge character that uses FADC for combos.

I was thinking that before, maybe they should lower it to one bar to FADC for charge characters in SSF IV. Might make it worth there while.

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well, you can at least FAC with Chun Li and Guile but only in corner (EX Kikoshu or Sonic Boom) but hard to time the release of the FA for the crumple.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Well, you can at least FAC with Chun Li and Guile but only in corner (EX Kikoshu or Sonic Boom) but hard to time the release of the FA for the crumple.

There's virtually no point in FADC out of a sonic boom. It's got zero delay after it anyway and the EX Sonic Boom is a huge tool in his arsenal. I don't think I'd ever give up the two meter.

A FADC out of a Flash can be used sometimes, still don't consider it hugely useful for anything other than showing off.

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

FADC-ing a combo to continue it with Bison is almost worthless. At best I'm going earn 70-75 extra points of damage for 2 bars's of meter, or 130 damage points if I get a throw but that isn't guaranteed. Just not worth it currently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I like to FADC my Blanka balls cos it keeps the pressure on. Mix it up with a throw, leccy or a crossup jump. It's worth it to pressure the opponent imo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I like to FADC my Blanka balls cos it keeps the pressure on. Mix it up with a throw, leccy or a crossup jump. It's worth it to pressure the opponent imo.

When I am rocking the green monster I find the ex ball is awesome to close down projectile happy enemies. Think I'd save the FADC's for non-fireballicular enemies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,721 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

So uhhhh... Rufus.
    Jump-in HP->HP->HP Galactic Tornado->Ultra == 639 dmg

When I am rocking the green monster I find the ex ball is awesome to close down projectile happy enemies. Think I'd save the FADC's for non-fireballicular enemies.

I only ever really use meter for ex upball and when me retard fingers piano ex leccy. So I don't mind mind spending the meter. But like I said I do it as a mixup, not continually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    So uhhhh... Rufus.
    Jump-in HP->HP->HP Galactic Tornado->Ultra == 639 dmg

IS HP -> HP Tornado a link or a cancel?

But you need your meter for your ex up-balls (reversals) and rainbow rolls (escape). As Azza said the damage increase you'll get, just doesn't seem worth what you're losing. IMO the only time that's really worth it for Blanka, is to throw a ball against some-one like Chun in the hopes that they'll waste the ultra. Although I don't think that would work.

• Advertisement

HMUYA wrote: »

That's a b'n'b combo... :D

I know. It's in one of his trials and for the life of me I can't do it. It's bugging me. I should probly look up a vid for it but I never think of it when I'm trying it.

Ah! I had the exact same problem.
    The trick is to hold Forward while doing the Tornado, then it connects (MP & HP Tornados are controllable).

HMUYA wrote: »

But you need your meter for your ex up-balls (reversals) and rainbow rolls (escape). As Azza said the damage increase you'll get, just doesn't seem worth what you're losing. IMO the only time that's really worth it for Blanka, is to throw a ball against some-one like Chun in the hopes that they'll waste the ultra. Although I don't think that would work.

As I said I like it for pressure, and its worth it for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

I mess that up a lot too, the timing is weird on it.

Playing around with Gouken. He has the following :

J.HP -> St.HP -> EX.Palm -> EX.Hado -> Ultra = 662 (Corner Only)

J.HP -> St.HP -> EX.Palm FADC Ultra = 642

I like messing around with (J.HP), close.HP->EX Palm -> MP Hadou -> LP Hadou -> sweep.
    You can mix it up a lot with Gouken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Well I can do an amazing 43 hit combo with sagat

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Nothing amazing about repeated supers...

The sarcasm seems to have been lost on you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Needs more smilies Terry!

I think I got a 70-odd hit with Gen in one of those time trials with infinite super.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Really liked that combo diago kept doing in seasons beatings last night with ryu, the one with the forward dash punch in it. Nearly 33% off and no meter burnt and it doesn't look too tough.

Needs more smilies Terry!

Haha, I just assume that nobody takes me seriously at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

animaX wrote: »
    Haha, I just assume that nobody takes me seriously at this stage!

its cause you use sagat

Placebo wrote: »
    its cause you use sagat

Didn't see that coming :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

tiger%20watching%20us.jpg

Retr0gamer wrote:
    Really liked that combo diago kept doing in seasons beatings last night with ryu, the one with the forward dash punch in it. Nearly 33% off and no meter burnt and it doesn't look too tough.
    One of Ryu's b'n'b combos. I find it a BITCH to link though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭DeCoR18

I main Akuma so fierce, short tatsu, weak DP cancel red fireball, ex tatsu in the corner.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    F.HP > C.HPXXf.SRK?

Linking the f.hp and c.hp is an absolute biatch! Plink all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Fair play Ropedrink. I'm always really impressed with your execution.

We're gonna have to build up that competitive streak and get you playing in tournies!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

LETS GO ROPEDRINK !!

does it not take time to tape, edit/upload/compose/post ?
    i barely get time to play :*(

Advertisement