Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nikon D40x

• 13-10-2009 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Hello to all, I am new to boards and very new to the world of cameras/photography. I am looking for some help with my D40x. Onlt recently it has been producing darker images on the LCD and it is the same when i download the images onto a laptop. Is there any settings that i could check to see if i have the camera setup correctly or could this be a known problem with these cameras? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Are you shooting in a manual mode or in automatic?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

There are loads of reasons why this could happen, as above do you shoot manual or automatic? Do you select iso or is that auto, have you raised the contrast on your images in camera? Have you tried restore settings?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Wait, when you say it is the same on the laptop; the same as it used to be (ie, not dark) or the same as the lcd (ie, dark). If they're ok on the laptop then it means you've just got the lcd brightness turned down, should be an option in the main menu for that.

If they're dark on the laptop then you've probably flicked it into Manual mode whereas you were using automatic/aperture priority mode earlier. Check the dial at the top and see what setting it is at.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Check that you haven't set the exposure to the minus setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 733 ✭✭✭bbbbb

If I've been messing around with the settings on my D40x I do a soft reset by holding down the green buttons (info on the top, & + on the bottom back left)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Check that you haven't set the exposure to the minus setting.
    +1
    ye it sounds like you've accidentally made an exposure compensation adjustment.

Advertisement