Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Union Elections- 1st Year Student Rep

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

ha ha ha only 91 votes in total! that was pathetic! grace was giving out that last yr only had 250... and then this year happened..... i got 38 but that's still awful!

how would you like me to represent you??? i'm going to be in *my office* probably next tuesday from 11-2 :):):):):)

Wow, thats even a small amount of voters by my standards, and I'm the most politically apathetic person I know! Congrats on getting over a third of the votes anyway.

And as for the small turnout, there was very little information given about the whole thing. Only reason I knew about any of it was because I was hanging out with Donal and Stephen. And the only reason I actually ended up voting was because I knew a guy at the polling station (if you could call a table in the middle of the corridor that)

Wheres your "office" then, and what kind of things can I actually come and moan about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I got you 5 votes in the end, out of 7 asked.

T'was banquo that won it based on the above, I'm the Eamon Gilmore to his Enda Kenny.

HA!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 robdig

dont vote ben finnegan trust me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

PrivateEye wrote: »
    I got you 5 votes in the end, out of 7 asked.

T'was banquo that won it based on the above, I'm the Eamon Gilmore to his Enda Kenny.

thank u!

banquo wrote: »
    No SU advertising that I could find.
    Not even a date / event poster.
    No canvassing by any of the nominees.

I'm amazed even that many voted.

i had a few huge posters up, covering windows all over campus, i had the announcement on boards.ie and another blog on moodle... to be honest, i didnt see anything from any of the other candidates so i thought that maybe we werent meant to! two friends of mine made a huge sign and tried to position it outside JH on top of a huge traffic cone but they were caught and dragged into the security office and got into soooooooooooo much sh*t!!! they were threatened with being kicked outta the uni for stealing a traffic cone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭tootyflutty

two friends of mine made a huge sign and tried to position it outside JH on top of a huge traffic cone but they were caught and dragged into the security office and got into soooooooooooo much sh*t!!! they were threatened with being kicked outta the uni for stealing a traffic cone!

That was hilarious!! I was set to vote then on the day forgot, only thanks to one of your two friends with the cone did I remember and vote for you (of course)!
    Congrats on winning, and sorry havn't really been very talkative around you! You always seem to see me at weird times :confused:

That was hilarious!! I was set to vote then on the day forgot, only thanks to one of your two friends with the cone did I remember and vote for you (of course)!
    Congrats on winning, and sorry havn't really been very talkative around you! You always seem to see me at weird times :confused:

sure jaysus until they reminded me i nearly forgot to vote too! i was convinced it was wednesday until they told me it was the tuesday!

ha ha ha its ok... il forgive you :):):)

Advertisement