Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where do people play with their RCs?

Options
  • 13-10-2009 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

Is there like a meeting place in Dublin for everyone that play with RCs?

I want to see some E-Revo or maybe E-Revo VXLs in action.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinnomen

I would like to know this too! I would like to know though is there any in Norfolk? Great Yarmouth? This is a good question I know it was posted a while ago but us RC fans (even though im a newbie) would love to meet up with others and race race race!! but where?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭dan_eire

yep, me too - awaiting the arrival of my first rc car (HBX Surge) and i can see myself getting bored with it, unless there's somewhere in dublin where i can meet other rc enthusiasts.

i know there's st anne's park, but that's in raheny (too far for me, i'm in southwest dublin).

wow, over 400 views and no replys!! good job people! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

The DMCC meet on Saturdays in Griffeen vally park (not sure about the spelling) They generally don't race those cars but all are welcome and if enough people start turning up they may get some kind of open class racing or something going on.

Location available from their site HERE

edit: forgot to mention that the outdoor / off-road stuff is generally a summer thing, they race saloons indoors during the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭fallaci

look at dates... one post a month...
    if Raheny is too far then Swords is not good for you either where me and my frieends meet every Sat morning :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

fallaci wrote: »
    look at dates... one post a month...
    if Raheny is too far then Swords is not good for you either where me and my frieends meet every Sat morning :)

Where in Swords do you meet?

griffeen park is in lucan, just around the corner from me. i saw the website and ye, they race saloons indoor during the winter. but this is my first rc and i can't afford to get a saloon as well, to race indoors.

looks like i'll be praying for a dry day over the christmas period, to get use out of my off-road! :rolleyes:

@T-Maxx - recently we've found sweet spot in Airside - carpark under AIB building where we do a bit of drifting or if the weather is nice - Malahide beach for off-roading

Do you have permission do bash there? Isn't there security guards 24/7?

That building has never been finished :)
    Only bollards at the entrance are stopping us from driving 1:1s in but not medels :)
    If you want to come and have boat, bring it aswell - half is flooded

• Advertisement

You mean you can drive models through the bollards but not 1:1 surely?:p

Is it the building opposite from where the glass recycle bins are?

Yeah, that's exactly where I thought it is. The map isn't too great though - Dublin airport, Premier Inn, etc.

What cars/trucks do you have?

Currently HB Cyclone S and HPI Savage XSS

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Tiernan85

I'm strictly a basher, I usually head out to the beach(Co. Sligo) for a bash with my E-Revo Brushless and Rustler VXL. If not there, than I'm just bashing around the yard. Not met any folk out this way who are into RC, I've not looked too hard though. Here's a few pics

DSCF1387.jpg
    DSCF1391.jpg
    DSCF1394.jpg
    DSCF1408.jpg
    DSCF1428.jpg
    DSCF1438.jpg
    DSCF1445.jpg
    DSCF1450.jpg[/QUOTE]

Here's one of just the Rustler.

DSCF1292.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭goldwing

nice stuff

those tires are deadly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Was out today in the garden in the snow :D
    Was good fun but had to go somewhere else so it was only a short run.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

Anywhere near Rush?

how about malahide?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 sonic2810

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭seanmcgrath48

sonic2810 wrote: »

Not alot happening on here....Paul...lol...;)

But here's mine at the South link Business Park on the Tramore Rd,behind iitc...

My Baja

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

I take it you have great love and devoation for that buggy.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭seanmcgrath48

.22 Lover wrote: »
    I take it you have great love and devoation for that buggy.

I do....:D...
    So much so I did this...YouTube - Baja ramp attack .wmv :eek:

sonic2810 wrote: »

I was talking with Echlin W about going out to Brittas Bay at the beach to bash around with you guys. Did you guys go on wednesday? I was going to go out too but my waterpipes were freezing up in the house and I had work the next day. The weather didn't seem great. I don't have a baja but I would make the trip every once and awhile to bash with some people using just my E-Revo and Rustler if you don't mind a couple little trucks tearing around with ya :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Echlin W

Yep we went out but got rained on, BADLY!

But we had a decent day. Didnt actually get near any sand! But we had a good time in a near-by car park. The Baja's were struggling to run.

Five of us turned out even with the weather. Heres a few pics!

picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=246

picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=245

picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=244

picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=243

picture.php?albumid=36&pictureid=242

Still hoping to meet up Tiernan85.

Oh ye we are hoping to have big bash in a few weeks time and hoping you could come. It'll prob be o some Saturday if thats all right. We havent Decided where to have it we were thinking of Sandyford in Dublin. Or maybe just in Brittas Bay

The pics are not working. My trucks wouldn't be able to handle the wet weather too well. That's one downfall will the electric systems.

I'm definately up for a good bash session still. I do work weekends sometimes too but If I get a bit of notice I should be able to take the day off. When you guys get when and where sorted out let me know and I'll make sure I have the day off if I'm working.

Anyone planning on a bashing meetup in dublin anytime soon (now that the snow is gone!)? i wouldn't mind testing out my off-road with some rc-knowledgeable peeps, since i'm new to the game!

how's swords/malahide for you? on Saturday

• Advertisement

it would have helped if i checked back on this thread! :rolleyes: i'm waiting on a replacement part (suspension arm) - which i hope to get this week, although it could be next week.

keep this thread alive and we can organise some bash meets. i'm living in the lucan area, but i don't mind a little travelling! :)

Advertisement