Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Optic

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Sika_Stalker

All it basically is, is a sight which is illuminated without the use of a battery

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

They've been around a long time. They used to be made with luminous paint in the past. Basicly what you do is put the dots in a horizontal line towards a point of aim and you should be on target. Their main use would be as low light handgun sights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Bananaman

Their main use would be as low light handgun sights.

Only the Tritium Luminous ones are any use in low light - the luminous aspect is of no particular use in this country.

You can also get ones which are not luminous - they allow you to acquire a sight picture faster i.e. you jst line up the dots - which if set up properly will ensure a correct sight picture

The longer the piece of fibre the 'brighter' it will seem as it can direct more light.

B'Man

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

In terms of iron sights on rifles (not apertures) I find the addition of the dots gives a far better sight picture, faster mount and acquisition. Was looking at a stunning Mauser M03 in Birr at the Game Fair with those sights. Would love to get one in .375H&H for driven boar. Probably wouldn't even put a scope on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Thanks a mil lads for the replies. I appreciate it:) Was simpler than i first expected lol..

cheers..

• Advertisement
Advertisement