Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voda v's O2

• 13-10-2009 8:23am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I work for a small Dublin based charity & due to out business we rely on our mobiles quite heavily.

We currently have about 20 handsets and have been with Vodafone for the last number of years.

O2 have approached looking to take on our account.

I have been very happy with Voda's service over the last number of years. O2 are saying that they can beet Voda price wise.

My question is how do you find O2 when it comes to service?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I am told 3 are far cheaper than either you have mentioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Oh, this will be fun. :D

I find the customer service of O2 to be quite excellent. Nothing is ever a problem, from getting upgrades a month or two before I am due them, to technical issues sorted by very knowledgeable staff (I'm a techie, so would always be asking the awkward technical questions).

Having said that, in my last job, the mobile account was with Vodafone and I found them to be quite good also. Generally speaking in the few times I rang customer support, they were quite good.
    Bluefoam wrote: »
    I am told 3 are far cheaper than either you have mentioned.

They are far cheaper for a reason. From what I can tell from reading here and friend's experiences, you get what you pay for. One friend had to spend 15 minutes convincing the customer support staff that Kilkenny is not in fact in the UK and does not have a postcode.

To be honest, you ask 1,000 people, you will get 1,000 answers, most of them different. Look back over the past few pages, there was a thread a few weeks back about which is the worst mobile operator. I believe O2 got the least amount of votes (and therefore, one would assume, are the best). But again, take that with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭snollup

Thanks lads.

I think three & meteor are fine for personal use but I would not be keen on using them for business.

As Voda have been good to us over the last few years I am inclined to remain with them. We are quick enough to move providers when things are not good so I guess the flip side to that would be that you should remain with a provider is they treat customers well.

Thanks again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Ohtue have always been slightly cheaper than voda..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

snollup wrote: »
    Thanks lads.

I think three & meteor are fine for personal use but I would not be keen on using them for business.

As Voda have been good to us over the last few years I am inclined to remain with them. We are quick enough to move providers when things are not good so I guess the flip side to that would be that you should remain with a provider is they treat customers well.

Thanks again.

O2 are quite good. Customer service is pretty good.When you cant get thru on the phone to them the online forum is pretty decent and can usually sort out most problems there.
    HOWEVER
    at the end of the day they are multi national companies and I wouldnt show any loyalty to any of them. In fact I would even go as far as to say that moving providers if even for a min contract period will keep them on their toes.
    A few years ago I moved from O2 to Meteor. 3 weeks before the contract was due to end with Meteor I had o2 on the phone to me saying "we will make a plan to suit you and whatever phone's you want".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

bcmf wrote: »
    at the end of the day they are multi national companies and I wouldnt show any loyalty to any of them.

As are Vodafone, 3 and Tesco. ;)

And Meteor, don't forget, are part of that wonderful company that kept Ireland at least 3-4 years behind most modern countries when it came to broadband.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Ring both companies and see what they are willing to offer you.

Advertisement