Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI 5750/5770 released

Options
  • 13-10-2009 8:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

So with the official launch today, the pending test reviews can be released.

anandtech

hardocp

tomshardware

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

weird, the 260 faster than the 5770. ATI seem to be relying on DX11 and eyefinity to sell this baby. not that there's anything wrong with that, but it seems a departure from their normally so good price/performance ratio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭JackieChan

yeah it would appear to be what they are thinking.

have to say that although it was touted that the 5770 might not be up with the 4870 I'm surprised it's as far behind.

Pricing on HWV

5750 (119-129 for 1GB -in stock)

5770 (145-149 -no stock)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I'm sure, as it often happens, that future catalyst drivers will increase the performance of the 5770 so it's more comparable with the 4870.

I'm actually looking forward to the 56** series that will be released next year, as I can replace my existing 3650 in my Dell Vostro 200 MT and benefit from the lower power consumption and additional features.

Does anyone have any plans of using the Eyefinity feature on the new 5*** series cards to game using multiple displays?

Advertisement