Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW TOLL BRIDGE AND ROAD

Options
  • 13-10-2009 8:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭

hi. ive recently been on the new toll road and i must say its very impressive , but do any of you think it will be a busy road ? will people be bothered to pay the toll? is it a waste of money. ive been on the m1 , dublin belfast road at so called, busy times and there hasnt been any traffic on it. when i said this to someone living up around there they said that the people who were supposed to use it wouldnt pay the toll. seems like a waste of money to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Has the opening date for the new road been announced yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭joeduggan

scout353 wrote: »
    Has the opening date for the new road been announced yet?
    this day week. the 20th.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

If I was going that direction I certainly would. €1.80 is worth removing Waterford City from any journey IMO.

Perfect - have a few journeys next week and removing the city is worth every cent of the €1.80!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Plenty will use it, not much use to people going into Waterford city, but great is you want to avoid the traffic in the city center.

• Advertisement

And what about when you get to the other side - any ideas how far you can travel before having to revert to the crappy Thomastown Road! I am presuming that the Kilkenny side of the project is nowhere near complete!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

If you want to go to waterford city do you still go through kilmeaden or do you stay on the new road when it opens?

Take the new road.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

mikeym wrote: »
    If you want to go to waterford city do you still go through kilmeaden or do you stay on the new road when it opens?
    Kilmeadem is bypassed by the new road.

joeduggan wrote: »
    hi. ive recently been on the new toll road and i must say its very impressive

Where exactly is the toll booth? Is it possible to go from Dungarvan to Waterford (avoiding Kilmeaden) and avoid the toll?

• Advertisement

I think so. AFAIK the toll is only on the bridge so if you join the road on the waterford side of the bridge, you can go straight to Dungarvan without passing through Kilmeaden!

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

You can still go the old way. Just turn off for Waterford at Kilmeaden :).

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    Where exactly is the toll booth? Is it possible to go from Dungarvan to Waterford (avoiding Kilmeaden) and avoid the toll?
    No toll if driving from Dungarvan to Waterford. Toll booth is at the bridge on the Waterford side. You only pay if crossing the bridge.
    From Dungarvan you will bypass Kilmeaden and turn off for Waterford before the bridge joining the roundabout on the old kilmeaden road below B&Q's.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭Oscar Madison

Advertisement