Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pompey

Options
  • 13-10-2009 9:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭

well- premiership is back thank god

predictions on result and team for saturday please?

i say 1-1

team

Cudicini (please god no)

corluka king bassong ekotto

lennon jenas palacious kranjcar

defoe keane

modric will hopefully play some part in the game

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

For a change I'm being optimistic on this one and I think we'll win. 2-1.

Crouch and Defoe against their old club :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

do u think keane will be dropped?

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

mickman wrote: »
    do u think keane will be dropped?

Nope, but I reckon Crouchy will get a good slice of second half play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Tough fixture as they have been playing better than there results have shown, and they just got there first win. In saying that, its the type of gaming we need to be winning to be near the top 6. Team I hope for is,
    Gomes Corluka Dawson Bassong BAE Lennon Wilson Hudd Krancjar Defoe Crouch.

any update on modric, woodie and king?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I think the break did us a favour as they would have been on a high having won their first game. We should be winning this type of game though I'm not sure - I'm sort of expecting a draw.

I want to see Gomes back in goal though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Do you really not think we should be beating Pompey? Hopefully we'll have Gomes and Dawson back. I really think we should be winning this comfortably. Saying that, a scrappy 2-1 win :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Hopefully we will see Gomes back in goal for this game and King will be fit again,we should be able to beat pompey with our squad of players,1-0 will do.i would like to see a clean sheet for a change.

king is fit to play thank god

woodie played 90 mins in a closed doors game last nite , came through fine but wont be ready for this sat. modric is still 2 more weeks away!!!!

Great news! So we're not far away from having our first choice centre back pairing! Is the two weeks for Modric when he'll be back in the first team or when he can return to training?

• Advertisement

he is back in training i think already. should be playing in two weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭golfball37

I read on BBC that Woodgate will be in the squad for Sat which is great nerws.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Manic087

I saw something that all 4 of our major centre backs are back in training. Now I'm not sure exactly the amount of training but hopefully King Bassong and Daws are back to full training and fit and ready for Saturday. If woody's getting close too it can only be good.

Add Moddle getting back to fitness as well and it'll all be looking good for us especially with the goon on the horizon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Manic087 wrote: »
    I saw something that all 4 of our major centre backs are back in training. Now I'm not sure exactly the amount of training but hopefully King Bassong and Daws are back to full training and fit and ready for Saturday. If woody's getting close too it can only be good.

Add Moddle getting back to fitness as well and it'll all be looking good for us especially with the goon on the horizon!!
    I would def be a boost to have them all back in the couple of weeks.

I'm going to say bring them crashing back down to earth with a 3 or even 4-1 win.

Defoe to get two crouch to get one with his arse and a Hudd screamer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

We are heavy favourites with the bookies & they are normally right. So i think we should win, especially if our centre-backs are all back. Spurs to win by 1 or 2 to nothing.

we will concede if cudicini starts guys - thats for sure

1-1 i would say

king will play, i cant see woodie playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭StillRickyVilla

Hopefully Leds & co can protect our dodgy keeper!

I'd hope Harry'll pick the following:

Gomes

Charlie...King...Daws...BAE

Lennon...JJ...Hudd...Niko

Defoe...Keane

Before people start...Wilson doesn't get back to England until tomorrow so maybe starting him on the bench would be the best bet.

Bench would be:

Cudicini, Bassong, Naughton, Bentley, Wilson, Crouch and Bale

Gomes

Defoe...Keane

Before people start...Wilson doesn't get back to England until tomorrow so maybe starting him on the bench would be the best bet.

Bench would be:

I'd go with that team. Wilson will be knackered after travel and the inevitable partying from qualifying for the WC so leave him on the bench. Hudd and JJ should have enough experience/quality to deal with the Portsmouth midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Gomes

Defoe...Keane

Bench would be:

I'd have Bassong in ahead of Dawson, but otherwise I'd go with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Think redknapp said palacios would be on the bench because of the long trek home

Think redknapp said palacios would be on the bench because of the long trek home

Think that's changed again. Apparently the Honduran president ordered them all to go and celebrate their qualification for the World Cup. Harry knows about it and has faced the fact he probably won't be back in England till Saturday or Sunday.

Ordered by your President to celebrate. Well it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it!!

I just spotted that Torres and Gerrard are both out for Liverpool tomorrow meaning that they might struggle for a win up there. If we could get a win, with Liverpool playing Utd the weekend after, we could open up a nice lead over them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Unfortunately city's and arsenals game in hand is most worrying i'd love to see them upset this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

1 - 1

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭curraghyid

2-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Gomes back in goal today....Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

half time - 2 nil - good stuff so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Kold wrote: »
    Do you really not think we should be beating Pompey? Hopefully we'll have Gomes and Dawson back. I really think we should be winning this comfortably. Saying that, a scrappy 2-1 win :D
    Ooh what do I win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Kold wrote: »
    Ooh what do I win?
    First choice player on the fan mail thread :) great result games like that over the last couple of years we would be dropping points. I'm thinking of going as harry now to my halloween session. Its how much i love currently the man,

Advertisement