Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pompey

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

gomes man of the match, he is back for good now hopefully. jenas was outstanding as well today, worked as hard as palacious does

boateng scores and gets player of the month !!!! should we not have kept him

anyway modric, woodie to come back . stoke at home next week. things are only getting better. defoe will get a suspension but crouch, pav to replace

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Good Win, keeps us up there with pool and Chelsea losing, stupid from defoe, 3 game ban looming id imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

boateng never impressed me for us...ran round like a headless chicken and couldnt keep the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

Happy with the result, even if it was scrappy. I think a few of us predicted a 2-1 scoreline. Sounded like Pompey gave it a real lash in the 2nd half and we had to thank the Octopus for a few good saves.

Dissapointed with JD losing the head and getting red. 3 match suspension for sure, which will mean he misses Arsenal away.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

gomes earned his money today ..few great saves.pick of the bunch was the deflected free kick...great shot stopper..looked as good as he was at psv..kickin weak though but fair play earned us 3 points today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Gad somebody brought up his kicking which was poor, but the big lug made some truly stunning saves and deserved his MOTM.

We were poor in midfield yesterday and allowed Pompey far too much time and space, between Gomez and some poor finishing we held on but better teams will punish us if we repeat that performance.

Defoe is a very silly boy, but Mokoena is a disgrace for his reaction...

output.gif

:mad:

Dowd was his usual sh1t self.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

What was the atmosphere at it like?

Were you in with the away fans.

I usually find Pompey games hard to watch mainly because of this lunatic. Never goes well with a hangover :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WdMdtHFAxI

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Seillejet wrote: »

I usually find Pompey games hard to watch mainly because of this lunatic. Never goes well with a hangover :D

In with our own, I'd never go in with home fans.

They were quiet until their goal and the sending off, I was disappointed by the response Defoe/'Arry got, nowhere near the vitriol I expected.

I'm told that prat with the bell was thrown out at half-time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Arry's a master with the media. I heard his interview before the game and he was basically demanding the red carpet from the fans for everything he did for Pompey.

No one does viroil with Defoe like the Hammers it has to be said.

I had to go in with the home fans once at a Liverpool game. My aul fella (a liverpool fan) announced to the entire section I was a spurs fan after me warning him to shut the f*&K up. In fairness to the scousers they were grand although they did win 2-0.

I remember that lunatic at a Pompey game in Ireland years ago. Every one was telling him to be quiet but he was in his usual Ozzy Osbourne like state.

Every game you seem to go to we get a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

think we were lucky enough to get the win. defoe defo deserved a red card fr his "stamp" dont understand why he would do such a feilble attempt to hurt someone.

never prasie him much(except fo that save against chelsea) but he was brilliant. might be disappointed t concede on his near post but his reaction t some shots was world class. won us the game.

on kevin prince boatang, never got a look in at spurs but i always like to see ex spurs players do well, just not against spurs! great strike.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Well looks like Crouch and keane to start against stoke hopefully pav will come on and get a few goals too.
    Looks like modric is still a bit away only jogging since last week

• Company Representative Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Gamesnash.ie: Pat

Seillejet wrote: »

Went to see portsmouth at the lane and I was unfortunately close enough to "enjoy" that gimps supporting for the entire game. :mad:

Mind you I don't even like watching them on telly at times you can hear him in the background. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Gotta say that I'm chuffed with that result. We certainly rode our luck and Pompey definitely had enough chances to win the game, but at least we're winning away from home. 5 away games, 3 wins, 1 draw and 1 loss. That's pretty damn good.

That save that Gomes made from the deflected free kick was absolutely stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Another good away result,fair play to Gomes on his comeback,great display by him.a win against Stoke next week now would be great and with a few players getting back from injury things are looking up.:cool:

Advertisement