Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gerry Ryan having a pop at Boards

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

DeVore wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan doesnt like us? I wont be losing any sleep.

Being serious here, I would. Not because I'd be angry or something, but purely because I'd be giddy enough with excitement after pissing off that prick that I wouldn't be able to sleep for days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

trout wrote: »
    PM sent. Cash preferred.

That sounded like man pee to me. I want my money back :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Boston wrote: »
    Kinda ironic no? Rant and Raving is as close to a one way medium* we have on boards? Gerry Ryan could post up a thread saying boards.ie is ****e and you could either agree with him or not post. That nothing against R&R, it's perfectly valid to set up a one way medium, but lets not get on a high horse about how much freedom of expression we allow compared to the traditional media.

*Of course announcements forum is a one way medium.

Nah, I'd delete it on sight! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

This is the guy who was invited to make a guest appearance during an NUI Galway Lit'n'Deb attempt to break the world record for marathon debating (a fair few years ago) as he was in Galway that day anyway.

He did turn up, it has to be said ... then discovered that there was a fine-for-swearing policy in place (they were raising money for charity as well) so he promptly lambasted the audience with the foulest language he could think of for about 3 minutes, threw a twenty in the box, and walked away.

Such a class act ...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

He will prob read this. He is overweight. Alot. Hi.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Gerry Who?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Villain wrote: »
    Just heard Gerry Ryan having a go at Boards, he was talking about a YouTube video that shows kids in Limerick rapping about killing a gang rival and he was saying how its crazy this can be allowed to be posted on you tube he then went on to say sites like YouTube and boards where no laws apply is a disgrace or something along those lines.
    This the man behind the "rock in a sock" and killing baby lambs furore?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I liked Jeri Ryan in Star Trek Voyager. That's who we're talking about, right?

mmmmmm, seven of nine......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

5starpool wrote: »
    I liked Jeri Ryan in Star Trek Voyager. That's who we're talking about, right?

mmmmmm, seven of nine......

I think it's this guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,801 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

He said the same thing when discussing that child abuse case in the UK. He said moderators weren't strict enough when it comes to bullying

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Don't I remember him making an absolute fool of himself while interviewing Gordon Ramsey, or am I thinking of some other plank?

Oh yeah, t'was himself:

He's only got one person to blame for how people see him, and that's Gerry himself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Whats with all the hostility towards the G man? Personally I think he's a fairly decent bloke. I used to listen to his show alot and I like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Don't I remember him making an absolute fool of himself while interviewing Gordon Ramsey, or am I thinking of some other plank?

Oh yeah, t'was himself:

I never thought I'd be on Gordon Ramsey's side for anything but...
    Whats with all the hostility towards the G man? Personally I think he's a fairly decent bloke. I used to listen to his show alot and I like it.

You have to ask what all the hostility towards the G man is about? Seriously? Fair enough if you don't agree but do you make a habit of posting in threads without even reading the first post or title? I mean its pretty obvious the reason for the hostility is related to "Gerry Ryan having a pop at Boards". I'm not really too sure what we at boards enterprises can do to help you further sir. It may be that you genuinely lack the intelligence required to extracted information from clearly made statements. I assure you sir, its not your fault but rather down to a recent effort by our Lord and Master to recruit an ever growing community of sycophants.

That or mayhaps you were making the beastwithtwobacks with the troll, I know not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Personally I think he's a fairly decent bloke. I used to listen to his show alot and I like it.

I used to think you were cool :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

You have to ask what all the hostility towards the G man is about? Seriously? Fair enough if you don't agree but do you make a habit of posting in threads without even reading the first post or title? I mean its pretty obvious the reason for the hostility is related to "Gerry Ryan having a pop at Boards". I'm not really too sure what we at boards enterprises can do to help you further sir. It may be that you genuinely lack the intelligence required to extracted information from clearly made statements. I assure you sir, its not your fault but rather down to a recent effort by our Lord and Master to recruit an ever growing community of sycophants.

That or mayhaps you were making the beastwithtwobacks with the troll, I know not.

I guess everyone needs a hobby :confused:

I used to think you were cool :(

You'll always be cool to me karl. And one day I'll steal your username and be you...

I know why the thread was made, what I was referencing was the fact that every thread about Gerry Ryan (before he "took a pop" at boards) ended up being people slagging the guy off. Its kinda pathetic to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I know why the thread was made, what I was referencing was the fact that every thread about Gerry Ryan (before he "took a pop" at boards) ended up being people slagging the guy off. Its kinda pathetic to be honest

Or maybe it illustrates how a lot of people on Boards feel about Gerry Ryan.

Why not start a gerry ryan appreciation thread if you feel that strongly about it

Why not start a gerry ryan appreciation thread if you feel that strongly about it

I would but I'd probably get banned for it :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Ban his ass :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I don't listen to the radio (despite having a kick ass radio) nor do I watch RTE. G'sss I resent having to pay a licence fee. Last time I did hear his show he seemed to moan alot. Why would I want to listen to someone moan on radio............. I can just tune into the missus for that.

Feckin licence fee.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gerry Ryan has some neck on him.
    Not because of what he said, he just has some neck on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Free advertising guys & gals free advertising.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

It's possibly because the guy is such a gigantic w*nker. Seriously.

If you have something positive to say about the guy Turd, go ahead. My guess is that anything you say will be instantly nullified by the simple fact that Gerry Ryan is a deplorable douchebag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

Gerry Ryan is talking about boards saying that no one has gotten back to them about who invigulates the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

trishw78 wrote: »
    Gerry Ryan is talking about boards saying that no one has gotten back to them about who invigulates the site.

Hate sites, that's what he calls them!

He's so far up his own hole that he cannot see that people share an honest opinion of him

He said nobody goes online to be positive or indifferent about people, only to be negative

Awful spluttering fool, I can't listen to any more of it

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

trishw78 wrote: »
    Tom Murphy is complaining that no one from the Gerry Ryan show has contacted him for comment.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

and in fact, Darragh mailed him, and heard nothing back.

look at this rationally. If someone was slagging you off, would you go around telling all and sundry that they were slagging you off, and what they were saying? Because, looking at it rationally, I would regard that as the behaviour of someone who wanted people to know that they were being talked about.

Far more logical to approach the person doing the slagging, and find out what their problem is.

Darragh has mailed him, I've invited him several times on thread (assuming he is actually reading the thread) to contact me if he has a problem.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

My email is tom @ boards.ie

i'll go on mr ryan's hate show any day next week. :)

Advertisement