Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* PC WORLD Waterford still open?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Jeez, think I need to get myself back to the Deise and setup a PC repair business as there seems to be a serious lack of people down there who can actually fix them...

Its all well and good having a screwdriver 2Bv¬2B, but knowing which end to use usually helps.. :D

PC world have always been about sales and not repairs, I knew someone who worked there for a few years and told me that they actually used to make a loss on their PC repair section as the time involved in repairing PCs/Laptops just wasnt worth it so they never really invested in it. It was a necessary aftersales service that they had to provide to cover warranties etc.

No idea about the guys on the The Mall there but they must be doing something right as they have been in business for as long as I can remember.

Tox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭2Bv¬2B

I think, these days anyway anyone who has a PC knows a guy, relative or close friend who would know what to be doing. I've been dealing with PC's since i was 6, first Basic program at the age of 8.

I wouldn't give PC world anything, They couldn't fix my laptop, it was a last resort before i voided the warranty by doing it myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭jaxy999

Waterford Micro Systems.. has always been pretty decent.
    PC World has at least one decent guy there, cant remember his name though, he used to work at the internet cafe on the park road, back when they were building and selling computers. He's the only person I would trust in there to have a clue what he's talking about.

The only thing I'll ever use PC World for, is buying off-the-shelf parts that I need, when I dont want to bother buying off the internet. If WMS actually took credit or laser cards, I'd probably buy more things from them.. but PC World has the edge on parking, and the aforementioned.

It goes without saying that I wont bring my computer to any place for repairs, I dont trust anyone not to eff it up worse, or tell me something I don't already know without telling me something useful.

I wonder if the one decent guy in PC world is the same guy I got talking to once and 30 minutes later I surfaced for air!! He would talk the leg off a pot! He seemed to know what he was on about - he threw into the conversation that he lectures in WIT -, we got a demo on blu ray aswell despite asking him about something completely different :D He was dead on thought.

Advertisement