Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

feeding issues

Options
  • 13-10-2009 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

i am having constant feeding issues with my aeg, pretty much since i got it a year ago. i load a mag (mid cap) and it fires one or two rounds fine. then nothing. sometimes it will spit a few out, then nothing again. i tried different mags. i tried removing and reapplying the hop-up. the whole thing is clean. i just dont get it. anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

do you any more details on the aeg in question, type and make?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

The air nozzle could be chipped or loose in the tappet plate, try checking that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Step 1: look into the hopup chamber from the magwell, can you see the air nozzle moving back and forth fully each shot?

Yes? move on, No, Its likely jumped the tappet plate.

Step 2:Turn the hopup off, and test fire the gun,

Works? Yes? too much hop. no? Continue.

Step 3: Will the hopup chamber admit a bb that you drop in ? Can you then (with cotton bud) push it past the O ring and hop nub without significant force?
    yes? move on, no? the hopup may be damaged.

Step 4: Cup of Tea

The only other posibilities I can imagine are mis seating of the hopup when in the gun. What rifle is it? I know m16s can get this quite often, and ive had to deal with it myself several times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭mcshape

i have this exact problem with 2 aeg's at the moment, an agm mp44 and a dboys scar

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭irishlostboy

firekitten. great checklist. thanks muchly. unfortunately i got to the cup of tea with no joy. (although a cupa tea is a joy in itself)
    gun is an jg steyr A3. a year old.
    i have had gearbox open previously (to fix ugly drilled nozel from shop, which i only spotted a few months after purchase) a while back. problem was there before the replaced nozel, and is there after. fps was about 215ish back with drilled nozel.
    hop-up has been replaced with a guardier silicone one. looks fine and seems to be fitted correctly. i will keep tinkering away with it. maybe i will accidently fix it. lol. stranger things have been known to happen.

• Advertisement

Ok, take the barrel out, and check the shape of the feed nipple in the magwell.

Is there any damage to that? if there is, its likely whats causing feed trouble, if not, drop the gearbox out, and re insert the barrel unit and hopup. Shine a torch in the back, and look at the hopup from the magwell, is it seated right? now look from the ear of the gun, and see if its sat against the magwell plate securely, things should be seated well.

Pop the gun back together, and fire the gun, but while pushing and pupping on the front reciver, check things are seated properly. if they are not, Shim the locking mechanism till it feeds correctly, augs can sometimes be a little... loose.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

i have had gearbox open previously (to fix ugly drilled nozel from shop, which i only spotted a few months after purchase) a while back. problem was there before the replaced nozel,

when you replaced the nozzle was a specific aug nozzle used? i know it sounds strange but i;ve had issues in the passed with nozzle lengths even nozzles meant for the same type of aeg made by different company's have had different results

Puding having problems with the length of his nozzle? :rolleyes:

He's right though... excelent point. There are varying lengths of air nozzle made for different types of guns, due in main, to the design of the hopup and distance from 'hopup seated to gearbox' and the o ring at the start of the hop chamber. Unless its an aug one... Although just reading back... it existed before... Bother...

MMmmmmm, Posibilities are limited now... Just curious... but what brand of bbs do you use? and have you cleaned the barrel recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭Stonewolf

Try a different brand of BBs

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭.22 Lover

What brand are you useing thats probley your problem.

• Advertisement

Seems like we all agree on that point...

Wonder where the OP went? off to buy new bbs perhaps?

Advertisement