Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silk Cut Slims

• 13-10-2009 11:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Have re-introduced me into the world of smoking (sort of)
    Before I could barely be in a room with smoke, I still sort of can't. I don't know what came over me about 6 weeks ago and I really felt like a smoke, after 6 years of not smoking, as it really really irritates my chest and throat.
    However I bought these Silk Cut Menthol things. They are slim and they look cool. Smoking is cool again kids. BUT, why are they the same as a normal 20 box? There is about as much tobacco in them as there are in around 5 normal sticks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

People buy those? :O

I work in a shop and am baffled that people actually pay for them. I presume the cost is to do with the whole taxation thing and a pack of twenty cant be below a certain price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

WindSock wrote: »
    Have re-introduced me into the world of smoking (sort of)
    Before I could barely be in a room with smoke, I still sort of can't. I don't know what came over me about 6 weeks ago and I really felt like a smoke, after 6 years of not smoking, as it really really irritates my chest and throat.
    However I bought these Silk Cut Menthol things. They are slim and they look cool. Smoking is cool again kids. BUT, why are they the same as a normal 20 box? There is about as much tobacco in them as there are in around 5 normal sticks.

All about the taxation, plus the government set a minimum price for cigarettes based on the amount of cigarettes. I've always thought lower-tar and CO smokes should be cheaper logically but it would seem not.

Advertisement