Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rope Light

• 13-10-2009 11:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭

I am looking for 8m of white/clear rope light in the Dublin area.

Any recommendations on where to find/purchase? It may need to be custom made/cut to a length of 8m as I am not sure it is standard. :confused:

I was going to purchase online from UK at around £45, but said I would see if I can find some locally first.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,236 ✭✭✭Idleater

Is this, erm, "like" the Christmas lights kind of thing?

Surely the shops should be overrun with them by the end of next week if it is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

nereid wrote: »
    Is this, erm, "like" the Christmas lights kind of thing?

Surely the shops should be overrun with them by the end of next week if it is?

Yeah, but getting it in the length I need is the issue.

I recall seeing it in atlantic last year in 50m rolls for the outside of your house, however there was no way to get it in smaller amounts or "made to order" so to speak.

Hoping someone knows somewhere, else I will just go with the online option.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Hi, a lot of the Asian run shops (for want of a better way of putting it) that sell bits and pieces on Talbot st. in Dublin used to cut them to whatever length you need, easy job I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

Dunnes are selling rope lights at the mo, might be worth a look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Cheers, already picked up online due to the specific size I needed.

DIY Projector screen with backlight affect couldn't wait ! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement