Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Resources.

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

ynotdu wrote: »
    Beeker Shuddup and post a Video!:D

OK singing for my supper.......... :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

OK sorry back on track...the legend Carl Sagan again..............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Beeker wrote: »
    OK singing for my supper.......... :D

Oh friggin ODE TO JOY,that was recorded by an Alien spacecraft called Beathovan was'nt it???:D

All 17 Astronauts lost whilst onboard a Spacecraft happened within six days in diffrient years.
    *27th of January 1967 loss of Apollo 1 crew,Apollo Command module burst into flames during a ground test.
    106924main_image_feature_255_ajh4.jpg
    left to right: Gus Grissom,Ed White,Rodger Chaffee,

January 28th 1986:STS-51L launched fom pad 39b carrying the first civilion Astronaut,She was called Christa Mc Auliffe.She was not NASA,s first choice as in fact NASA had chosen the singer John Denver on the grounds that he could express 'wonderment' so well in his songs.the then president Reagan overturned NASA,s choice.
    Here is a song he wrote for the crew of Challenger.Really difficult to find songs about the wonders of space,the Video contains great imagery but thankfully not the actual explosion.

Columbia was lost on Feb 1st 2003.

180px-STS-107_Flight_Insignia.svg.png

Dont know how this post by me got the 'cool' emocian/smiley,obviously thats inappropiate.

most tasteful video i could find in tribute to the crew of Columbia.Set to a gentle song.could not find one that was entirely without some upsetting scenes.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Not sure how the internet likes your singing though.:D

Malty_T wrote: »

Lol Malty,I really enjoyed that 'burn'!
    right at the end is Beeker and Lord Lucan doing a commentry on Spaceflight now:pac::pac::)

Oh as a bit of trivia,one of the Astronauts currently onboard Endevour double jobs for MaxQ the company that produces all those brilliant images of Spaceflight set to music,I heard it straight from NASA at some stage during the LONG night waiting for 130's liftoff

:D:DLOL Malty_T, here one of me and a few friends last Paddy's Day:D:D

What prophets they appear to have been!{Beeker i bet you have less friends now than you before you's sang last Paddy's day:pac::pac::pac::)}

• Advertisement

aged 77 he then done it again on STS-95!

So as not to just post another Video of a Shuttle Launch i decided to post this short extract from a speech he made during the Apollo 11 40th anniversary celebrations.Reflections from a man who saw and lived it all!

more on Glenns remarkable career here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Glenn

Ok, time to revive this thread. There is nothing more beautiful and awe inspiring (to me anyway) than beautiful pics, documentaries and videos of space exploration, astronomy and science. I hope the Mod's don't mind me attempting to resurrect this thread. :)

Launching a Shuttle :

From the great man himself!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Stargate

Ok, time to revive this thread. There is nothing more beautiful and awe inspiring (to me anyway) than beautiful pics, documentaries and videos of space exploration, astronomy and science. I hope the Mod's don't mind me attempting to resurrect this thread. :)

Launching a Shuttle :

One of the very best vids ever Malty_T and with the voice of Captain James Tiberius Kirk :D fantastic video in truth !!

Stargate

I mentioned in another thread I hate astronauts. It's a love/hate/admiration relationship.:D

I've seen satellite photos and feeds of hurricanes before, but this is just :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Super Freak

http://www.airspacemag.com/video/Freedom-7.html

Old school NASA documentary. 26 minutes so put the kettle on;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

Last night I watched the film "Space Cowboys" With Clint Eastwood, Tommy Lee Jones, James Garner and Donald Sutherland.

Yes I know you may or may not like the film, but the point is, they used coverage of a Shuttle Launch to double for a umm Shuttle Launch:pac:

Anyway it was short but good.:)

Advertisement