Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Site to buy gear

• 13-10-2009 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

My Colts jerseys are beginning to show their age and i won't get back over state side until next year so looking for a good site to buy a new one ( legit not fake )

any help would be great.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

Hi guys,

My Colts jerseys are beginning to show their age and i won't get back over state side until next year so looking for a good site to buy a new one ( legit not fake )

any help would be great.

Flick through the American Football section it has been covered many times in so many threads :D

Ebay
    Nfl.com
    Eastbay.com

Im sure others have their fav websites.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DonkeyPokerTour

Two Quick Questions:

1/ Roughly how long does an order from NFLshop.com take to deliver to ireland? Wondering can I get a Giants Jersey from there before next friday?

2/ Does this jersey look legit to you? Link
    Seems too cheep to be a geniune artical or even an EQT, Also it looks more orange than red. What do you guys think?

Regards
    Ian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Two Quick Questions:

1/ Roughly how long does an order from NFLshop.com take to deliver to ireland? Wondering can I get a Giants Jersey from there before next friday?

Seems too cheep to be a geniune artical or even an EQT, Also it looks more orange than red. What do you guys think?

Regards
    Ian

To answer question 1, i dont know actually as i have only bought jerseys from
    E-bay

Now Q 2, the guy looks legit, and since he is a fellow Waterford man im inclined to give him my approval :) honestly, he isnt a member long enough to have a good sample of feedback but he has 100% so far and id be inclined to take a risk, cant remember how much my last pats jersey cost me but it wouldnt have been much more then that from Ebay

EDITL hang on,i did receive an email not too long ago from the guy i normally get my football jerseys from, he said that reebok have a court case ongoing about people selling their items on ebay and that they werent allowed anymore? dont know if ths is true or not as i havent had cause to check it out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Just priced one on nfl.com and worked out at about 80 euro before import taxes !

Any UK based sites ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

I looked at a few options from GreatAmericanSports etc. but found that import taxes included it was gonna cost £110 for a premier jersey. Didn't want a screenprinted replica.

Decided to order from iOffer and got two fauxthentic jerseys for 50. Decent quality, good stitching and more than just the 2 or 3 players available in the UK. When I'm over in the US next I'll get myself a proper EQT!!!

• Advertisement

Two Quick Questions:

Regards
    Ian

NFL.com if you order it now you will have by Monday/Tuesday if they ship tomorrow. They send it by UPS or DHL. Problem is custom charges with them. Costs say $100 then about $60 for delivery and then custom charges lumped on top when it hits Ireland.

With EBAY make sure you go through a powerseller or someone with proper history on ebay. There are alot of fakes on EBAY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

I found this site through eBay -

http://www.sportingup.com/

Bought a Chiefs sideline hat recently and it was a good price and arrived quick enough. It's good for bits and pieces rather than jerseys though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,837 ✭✭✭Trampas

Two Quick Questions:

Regards
    Ian

Fake as you can't get the jersey with the C on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,398 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

jersey101.com and jerseychannelone.com

Name & Numbers are sewn on like authentic jersey's. The $80 ones from nflshop.com are replica's and don't have sewn on names & numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭TheHeadhunter

Oatesy23 wrote: »
    jerseychannelone.com

Was looking at getting one from there but i cant make head nor tail of the ordering process. do u know if u can order with credit card? do i have to email them before placeing my payment and then again after payment is placed? any help would be great.

• Advertisement

Yes you have to e-mail before to make sure the items you want are av available. Then you can place your order. Paypal is alot safer than entering your credit card details on any site. If you don't have a paypal account it is very easy to set up and basically keeps your credit card details private. http://www.paypal.com

cheers and do u have to pay to set up a paypal account? also do i email again after i place my payment to confirm it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 adobolo

I allways use this site http://www.footballfanatics.com/
    They have some real jerseys that cost about $120 but they are real, the replicas cost $80. They have a great selection from every NFL team and collage, NBA, MLB ect. Have ordered from them twice usually takes a month to deliver but have not had too pay duty when arrived, dont know why as had to pay it when ordered direct from NFL.

and actually oatsey whats the story with delivery from that website it doesnt seem to mention anything about delivery costs? do u get nailed when it arrives on your door or is it just included in the price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

adobolo wrote: »
    I allways use this site http://www.footballfanatics.com/
    They have some real jerseys that cost about $120 but they are real, the replicas cost $80. They have a great selection from every NFL team and collage, NBA, MLB ect. Have ordered from them twice usually takes a month to deliver but have not had too pay duty when arrived, dont know why as had to pay it when ordered direct from NFL.
    With international shipping, the destination country will charge duties and import taxes on the shipment. These charges are the recipient's responsibility and can be paid with cash or check. Shipping carrier collects these fees on delivery.

looks to me like you do :)

and actually oatsey whats the story with delivery from that website it doesnt seem to mention anything about delivery costs? do u get nailed when it arrives on your door or is it just included in the price?

Nope shipping is included, paypal is free to set up.

Personally, I would recommend jersey101 before jerseychannelone. Jersey101's site might not be as professional as jerseychannelone but I have had more business with jersey101 and they've never let me down.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    looks to me like you do :)

I have used them before and 1 order I didnt and 1 order i did have to pay customs and excise. Its hit and miss. But before anyone suggests ways to avoid paying customs and excise on new stuff dont. Keep it to PMs. Trying to avoid Customs and excise as much as we all hate it is illegal.

So guys no suggestions on how to avoid customs and excise on the open forum. If you want to break the law keep it to yourselves or external emails.

Nope shipping is included, paypal is free to set up.

Cheers oatsey just got onto the jersey101 site havent been able to access it before and the throwback im looking to get has a big raiders shield sewn onto the chest area so i'm gonna go with the one on jerseychannelone i reckon. Im just gonna use one of the 3v vouchers to pay rather than paypal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

You can use your 3v with paypal. Doesn't cost much to register the card, and you get it refunded anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Realex: Jonathan

I have used football fanatics too, they have flat shipping to ireland of $20, takes two or three weeks but most other places take two weeks as well. I've never been hit for duties with footballfanatics but have been done twice when buying cleats and other equipment from Eastbay.

• Advertisement

one of my mates was telling me about this site coolnfljerseys.com anyone know anything about it?

Most of the pictures are the photoshopped ones from nflshop.com so I would say don't risk it. Unless your mate has a jersey from there and they look okay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭JJ

jersey101.com and jerseychannelone.com

I would stay well clear of those sites. The jerseys on those sites look like fakes. If you're not sure if jerseys on eBay or other sites are genuine check with the guy who runs this site:

http://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com

You can post an eBay item number and someone will come along and tell you if it's fake or not.

one of my mates was telling me about this site coolnfljerseys.com anyone know anything about it?

Just had a look at the site and the prices should ring alarm bells. No brand new genuine jersey is sold for as little as $22. Even though there are generic pictures on the site, I could guarantee you'll receive nothing but crappy, fake jersey from that site.

ye i'm aware they are fakes but one of my mates got jerseys from jerseychannelone and oatsey has done business with both and both him and my mate say the quality is great so im gonna go with the fake at $40 rather than real at $100+.

JJ wrote: »
    I would stay well clear of those sites. The jerseys on those sites look like fakes. If you're not sure if jerseys on eBay or other sites are genuine check with the guy who runs this site:

http://nfljerseyfanparadise.forumotion.com

You can post an eBay item number and someone will come along and tell you if it's fake or not.

Of course they are fake, but the real ones cost over $200, you can get a replica on nflshop.com for $80 but the numbers are screen printed on which looks cheap. The ones at the sites I posted are fake authentics, name and numbers are sewn on and are the exact same as authentics other than the mesh material used being lighter(we wont be putting shoulder pads under ours and getting bashed around).

Genuine premier jerseys can be bought from UK sellers for a decent price if you're looking for something better than replicas but can't afford a genuine authentic jersey. When you buy a genuine jersey, you can be safe in the knowledge that you are not perpetuating the social-economic problems the fake trade causes, the appalling working conditions, children as young as 8 and 9 sewing for 19 hours a day and not getting an education with the proceeds going to organised crime and in some cases terrorist groups. And you won't look like a muppet wearing a cheap quality jersey too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

i got quoted at £110 for a premier jersey from the UK. That's ridiculous!!
    you can be safe in the knowledge that you are not perpetuating the social-economic problems the fake trade causes, the appalling working conditions, children as young as 8 and 9 sewing for 19 hours a day and not getting an education with the proceeds going to organised crime and in some cases terrorist groups.
    I'm not sure that's a locked down argument. Though I have no idea of Reebok far east working conditions, large multinationals are fond of sweatshops just as much as the jersey fakers. Children of that age often work in 'branded' sweatshops too. Also by taking away the business you aren't necessarily improving the lives of those children- merely taking away the opportunity for them to eke out a less than miserable life. The direct cause of poverty isn't the fake industry- it's poverty itself. Without the fake jersey factory those kids are no more likely to be looked after. It's just one less place for them to work.

The crux is that the opposite of appauling working conditions in some of these places isn't necessarily a free happy life. It's life without work, food or shelter.

Surely a better situation would be Reebok (all faked designers goods) selling their jerseys with a lower markup and therefore illiminating the market for fake stuff. The entertainment industry is doing this with €3 or €4 DVDs...

columok wrote: »
    i got quoted at £110 for a premier jersey from the UK. That's ridiculous!!

I'm not sure that's a locked down argument. Though I have no idea of Reebok far east working conditions, large multinationals are fond of sweatshops just as much as the jersey fakers. Children of that age often work in 'branded' sweatshops too. Also by taking away the business you aren't necessarily improving the lives of those children- merely taking away the opportunity for them to eke out a less than miserable life. The direct cause of poverty isn't the fake industry- it's poverty itself. Without the fake jersey factory those kids are no more likely to be looked after. It's just one less place for them to work.

The crux is that the opposite of appauling working conditions in some of these places isn't necessarily a free happy life. It's life without work, food or shelter.

Surely a better situation would be Reebok (all faked designers goods) selling their jerseys with a lower markup and therefore illiminating the market for fake stuff. The entertainment industry is doing this with €3 or €4 DVDs...

The irony of it all you will often find the so called fakes are coming from the same factory Reebok and Nike and all these companies get there jerseys made.

With regards to the fakes its the criminal aspect of it that is becoming a problem. sweatshops will always be sweatshops until said countries economy changes and they change labour laws preventing 8 and 9 year olds from working and of course they fix the poverty problems. But it is now common for Far Eastern countries to have drugs and other high crimes linked to these sweatshops. Criminals taking over where the money is.

• Advertisement
Advertisement