Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackboard down for off site access?

Options
  • 13-10-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭

I can't login from home at the moment. Is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭meathawk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭dmigsy

Cheers, I'll email IT services now. Even if they've probably been bombarded with emails already.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭WeeBushy

From IT Support Announcements page:
    Some Students unable to Connect to Blackboard

Some students are currently unable to access Blackboard. They are getting an External Account password error when trying to access the system. IT Services are currently investigating this issue. Please check back for further updates.

http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/announcements/

Update:
    Update: 12:30: This issue is currently being resolved, and all accounts should be available by 2pm.
    Some students are currently unable to access Blackboard. They are getting an External Account password error when trying to access the system. IT Services are currently investigating this issue. Please check back for further updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I'm in library and its ot working. Only 50 minute wait....yay!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Mushy wrote: »
    I'm in library and its ot working. Only 50 minute wait....yay!
    50-minute wait ... for a computer? There are plenty of computers free if you're willing to walk a little e.g. to Engineering or Newstead or HEalth Sciences. http://whatsfree.ucd.ie/ has the numbers.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Ballerina

Still not working and its two o clock.

im sooooo surprised.

I really should just study from paper but ugh that takes effort

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

bnt wrote: »
    50-minute wait ... for a computer? There are plenty of computers free if you're willing to walk a little e.g. to Engineering or Newstead or HEalth Sciences. http://whatsfree.ucd.ie/ has the numbers.

Sorry, ya misunderstood. Just meant for logging into BB on my laptop. Which still of course doesnt work now.
    Some Students unable to Connect to Blackboard

Update: 14:00: Time to resolve has taken longer than expected. Therefore some Blackboard accounts are still unavailable. Please check back for further updates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭damselnat

Bah, the one day I actually decided to do some study:mad:
    Oh well Facebook it is

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

I has a chem test tomorrow... I try to be a good student and this is what happens...

• Advertisement

I has a chem test tomorrow... I try to be a good student and this is what happens...

Same, got an exam aswell and all my notes are on blackboard. At least I have an excuse for failing now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

This is getting irritating...........:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

This is brutal...

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭leesmom

how annoying, our lecturer was supposed to be posting our exam results in blackboard at 5pm, guess not now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭WolfForager

Well it's back up... sort of... Says i'm not enrolled in any courses :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Just in:
    Difficulties Accessing Blackboard
    As of 11am this morning UCD's Blackboard application, which is managed and hosted by Blackboard, experienced technical difficulties affecting up to 10,000 student accounts. As a result these students have been unable to access Blackboard until now.

We have been in constant communication with Blackboard in relation to this difficulty and the latest update received at time of issuing this announcement is that Blackboard access is now available for all students, however the course content of accounts that were affected will only be fully restored by 8pm this evening. No staff accounts have been affected by this issue.

PLease check back for further updates.

Link: http://www.ucd.ie/itservices/itsupport/announcements/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Mardy Bum

Im still not able to get into it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

Mardy Bum wrote: »
    Im still not able to get into it:mad:

nor am I.

bad buzz.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Ellie24

Hey Guys, Blackboard often goes down around busy times of the year coz of the volume trying to access it. Just in time for any mid-term exams which is perfect of course! Does anyone have an exam tomorrow that they cant access notes for?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I can log in to Blackboard, from home, but when I do, I get "You are not currently enrolled in any courses". Will try again later.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Chet T16

I'm getting the same "not enrolled" problem. I have everything saved in backpack so it not really an issue atm...

Well it's back up... sort of... Says i'm not enrolled in any courses :P

Do you want any of the chem notes emailed?

Ellie24 wrote: »
    Hey Guys, Blackboard often goes down around busy times of the year coz of the volume trying to access it. Just in time for any mid-term exams which is perfect of course! Does anyone have an exam tomorrow that they cant access notes for?

9 o'clock tomorrow morning :) Have some notes printed off already but not all. Ah well....
    bnt wrote: »
    I can log in to Blackboard, from home, but when I do, I get "You are not currently enrolled in any courses". Will try again later.

The courses and all the notes etc. wont be back up until at least 8 o'clock tonight according to IT's latest update.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭Michaelrsh

Ok Blackboard is really pissing me off now. This afternoon I tried accessing it and it said I needed an "external access password". About an hour ago I was able to access blackboard but it said I was not enrolled to any courses. And now it's back to the same state it was this afternoon - it needs a damn "external access password" again. The IT crowd in UCD said it was going to be up and running at 8pm tonight, it's now 8pm. Is there anyone else in this predicament right now?

I find this all very unusual. Many people have midterm assessments coming up soon and coincidently Blackboard (containing a lot of course documents) is down. Maybe some students hacked into blackboard disabling the system, who knows ........ :pac::pac::pac:

Michaelrsh wrote: »
    Ok Blackboard is really pissing me off now. This afternoon I tried accessing it and it said I needed an "external access password". About an hour ago I was able to access blackboard but it said I was not enrolled to any courses. And now it's back to the same state it was this afternoon - it needs a damn "external access password" again. The IT crowd in UCD said it was going to be up and running at 8pm tonight, it's now 8pm. Is there anyone else in this predicament right now?

I find this all very unusual. Many people have midterm assessments coming up soon and coincidently Blackboard (containing a lot of course documents) is down. Maybe some students hacked into blackboard disabling the system, who knows ........ :pac::pac::pac:

It was actually 19.59 when you posted that :p

Got a midterm myself tomorrow morning (final year as well), but there ain't much we can do about it but sit and wait.

On the IT announcements it says that about 10,000 students have had trouble accessing, I don't know anyone who has been able to access it though. Wonder why some and not all... now where is the CT forum ...

Michaelrsh wrote: »

I like how you posted at 19:59 :D

Chet T16 wrote: »
    I like how you posted at 19:59 :D

I was rounding off, anyway its 20:12 and the problem is still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Still not back........:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭BlackMamba

Stupid Blackboard!!! This must be a sign...don't study!!:P

• Advertisement

I am totally pissed off night now ... :mad:

Advertisement