Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any pro ever caught cheating?

Options
  • 13-10-2009 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

Used to watch a lot of poker on tv a while back and it got me wondering about cheating? Has anyone ever been caught cheating at a televised event or anyone know of any stories of anyone caught at big events like WSOP or something like that?
    Don't get me wrong, I know poker isn't like the Wild West or Mafia games (5 aces and what not) and I know the film Maverick is only part true :rolleyes: but I'm sure there must be a couple of stories out there.

(basically I'd just love to see a video of someone caught and to check out his/her face, I relish in embarassment!)

Comments

Careful Damo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Some scandi sold c.140% of himself for a big event (either a WPT or EPT, think it was EPT but not sure), and went on to win the thing, cashing over a million. cue many pissed off stakers!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

plenty of cases of people bringing in chips from other events, angle shooting and other stuff. There was a story floating around at one point that Greg raymer marked the decks the year he won the WSOP and his glasses showed up whatever substance he used.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Not sure of this guys name, but he was caught cheating online a while ago.

cheater2.jpg

The dealer was also cited for bottom dealing to him..Nasty

cheat2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

Men the Master has been accused of chip dumping to his horses during live events:

However don't accuse him of this as he's likely to spit his beer all over the table

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0dzBnV8ujE

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,851 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No name throwing around where things are not proven please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Suited

5starpool wrote: »

I meant Ben the bastard

5starpool wrote: »

I didn't mention any names in my one, but the guy looks remarkably like Ken Lennaard (the Swedish poker cheat pro)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

ianmc38 wrote: »
    There was a story floating around at one point that Greg raymer marked the decks the year he won the WSOP and his glasses showed up whatever substance he used.

Sounds an awful lot like bullsh!t!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Don't forget "magic Dave".:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭Degag

Freddie Deeb was accused of going south in an episode of HSP.

Jeff Lisandro was accused of not anteing in the WSOP.

Lisandro was cleared of any wrongdoing.... not sure about Deeb.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

Degag wrote: »
    Freddie Deeb was accused of going south in an episode of HSP.

Jeff Lisandro was accused of not anteing in the WSOP.

Lisandro was cleared of any wrongdoing.... not sure about Deeb.

Deeb was also innocent when they checked the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Suited wrote: »
    Men the Master has been accused of chip dumping to his horses during live events:

However don't accuse him of this as he's likely to spit his beer all over the table

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0dzBnV8ujE

Ben the Bastard is well known as a 'cheating scumbag'.
    Gavin Smith makes no bones about making the assertion many times on 'The Circuit' - a poker podcast from a couple of years ago.

Apparently Ben the Mastard gets up to all sorts.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭baz2007

check out some footage of ipc galway this year after the chip episode. have a look at certain pro who does not want 2 come out from under his hat at featured table.maybe he is just shy u tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

There's footage of the WSOPE that Annette won of somebody being quick enough to palm one of her chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭shano_88

Grafter wrote: »

quick like a tiger there so he was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

Grafter wrote: »

Pretty quick alright on that one, I'd say he regretted it though. Seemed like something he just did without thinking then couldn't really admit it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,135 ✭✭✭POINTBREAK

Check out the super users scandal at UB. Some people were playing online with pros who could see all the cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

POINTBREAK wrote: »
    Check out the super users scandal at UB. Some people were playing online with pros who could see all the cards.

Really? links?

• Advertisement

That was all a smear campaign. Really your man was just class. He even perfected the reverse-twilight

That was all a smear campaign. Really your man was just class. He even perfected the reverse-twilight

I hope you are joking. $22 Million was refunded to players who were cheated.
    The final report was issued a few weeks ago and I quote...........

http://pokerati.com/2009/09/11/kgc-releases-final-ub-scandal-decisionaccount-names-released-hamilton-said-to-have-31-co-conspirators/

In total, Tokwiro, owner of UltimateBet, refunded $22,054,351.91 to players affected by the cheating incidences.
    • Tokwiro paid $1.5 million in fines, plus the costs of the investigation, to the KGC.
    • Tokwiro is on a one-year “probation” period, during which time it must provide all details of daily operations, including financial and gaming records.
    • Going forward, Tokwiro must maintain three sets of web/game logs, one of which will be housed at the offices of the KGC.
    • All officers, directors, shareholders, and key people associated with Tokwiro must be known to the KGC.
    • There were 23 accounts and 117 usernames used in the cheating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Whyno

http://pokerati.com/2009/09/11/kgc-releases-final-ub-scandal-decisionaccount-names-released-hamilton-said-to-have-31-co-conspirators/

In total, Tokwiro, owner of UltimateBet, refunded $22,054,351.91 to players affected by the cheating incidences.
    • Tokwiro paid $1.5 million in fines, plus the costs of the investigation, to the KGC.
    • Tokwiro is on a one-year “probation” period, during which time it must provide all details of daily operations, including financial and gaming records.
    • Going forward, Tokwiro must maintain three sets of web/game logs, one of which will be housed at the offices of the KGC.
    • All officers, directors, shareholders, and key people associated with Tokwiro must be known to the KGC.

This can't be true.Your having us on!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭wendelsailor

I think someone has been telling you porkies.............

I think someone has been telling you porkies.............

Now I know you are winding me up. The official report is all over the internet.

The UB scandal officially began in January of 2008 when the site’s management acknowledged that there was some credence to players’ claims of cheating. But by July 2008, after the official investigation had been ongoing for at least four months, UB confirmed that the cheating actually began in January of 2005, meaning that it could have been going on for nearly three years. In the fourth month of the investigation, new accounts were still being linked to the software glitch that allowed one or more super-users to cheat on the site.

Enter the biggest glitch of all, courtesy of Nat Arem, the rogue investigator/poker player who was a key figure in breaking the Absolute Poker scandal wide open. That glitch’s name is Russ Hamilton.

Arem took some information he was given and began researching confirmed super-user account names. Three names --nvtease, NoPaddles, and sleepless—given to Arem by a whistleblower at UB, were linked back to one address in Las Vegas. The address belonged to none other than one of the owners of UB during the time the scandal was confirmed to have happened. Russ Hamilton bought the home in 2006. At the very least, three of the super-user accounts in the UB scandal were directly connected to the Hamilton family during the time that the accounts were being used to cheat players on the UltimateBet website.

You're just trying to scare people like the boogie man and global warming.

The-Rigger wrote: »
    You're just trying to scare people like the boogie man and global warming.

LOL at the poker is rigged scaremongeringing! Sure UB sponsor Phil the Helmet so he wouldn't associate himself with this crowd if that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Tight Ted

Now I know you are winding me up. The official report is all over the internet.

The UB scandal officially began in January of 2008 when the site’s management acknowledged that there was some credence to players’ claims of cheating. But by July 2008, after the official investigation had been ongoing for at least four months, UB confirmed that the cheating actually began in January of 2005, meaning that it could have been going on for nearly three years. In the fourth month of the investigation, new accounts were still being linked to the software glitch that allowed one or more super-users to cheat on the site.

Enter the biggest glitch of all, courtesy of Nat Arem, the rogue investigator/poker player who was a key figure in breaking the Absolute Poker scandal wide open. That glitch’s name is Russ Hamilton.

Arem took some information he was given and began researching confirmed super-user account names. Three names --nvtease, NoPaddles, and sleepless—given to Arem by a whistleblower at UB, were linked back to one address in Las Vegas. The address belonged to none other than one of the owners of UB during the time the scandal was confirmed to have happened. Russ Hamilton bought the home in 2006. At the very least, three of the super-user accounts in the UB scandal were directly connected to the Hamilton family during the time that the accounts were being used to cheat players on the UltimateBet website.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭actuallylike

I remember seeing a video (forget where) of an online cheat who could see all cards. He or she got caught when he was raised pre flop and folded even though he had kings (The raiser had aces)

• Advertisement

I remember seeing a video (forget where) of an online cheat who could see all cards. He or she got caught when he was raised pre flop and folded even though he had kings (The raiser had aces)

I'm sure there was more to do it than that.
    It could be a miss click, timeout or Lloyd.

Advertisement